58.Little Fires Everywhere

This series was different than what I usually watch and I totally loved it

This series was different than what I usually watch and I totally loved it. The main focus of the story is on motherhood and racial discrimination in the 90s but there two wlw storylines despite both of them ending rather tragically.

The first one is of Izzy, my favourite character of the series, who gets dumped and accused of molesting by her year long gf because of internalised homophobia. I hated April because of what she did despite understanding her reasons.

The second storyline shows Mia's affair with her mentor. At first it seemed like they might be able to live happily together but Pauline died suddenly due to cancer causing Mia more grief than she already had.

One of my favourite things about the series was Izzy and Mia's bond. They were the only ones who completely understood eachother, two sapphic artists hated by most.

I also love the complexity of each character, everyone did something right and something wrong. I understood that what they did actually made sense from their perspective despite it seeming wrong to others.

The series ended with Izzy running away from her family and Mia and her daughter getting away the town to live happily somewhere else. Although it was not necessarily happy but it made me very satisfied.