4

Stefan's Point Of View

I sighed heavily, looking at the 'recruits' that Fury wanted me to train.

"Seriously?" I said under my breath, watching as they took there sweet, sweet time finishing the obstacle course.

They're supposed to finish it in 5 minutes to pass.

It's been 15.

It's physically painful to see them do this.

"Alright! Stop!" I yelled, all of them stopping in the middle of what they're doing.

"Come back over here!" I said, all of them walking over.

They are so proud of themselves, too; smiling at me like they set a world record.

"So, the time you needed to pass was 5 minutes, and you guys did use 5 . . ." I paused, trying to find words to use to be gentle.

Yeah, screw gentle.

"And it's been 15 fucking minutes! All of you are out of here, go home!" I shouted, crossing my arms over my chest as a glare settled on my face.

"Hey, that's not fair, Sir! We're working hard to get a job here and trying our best-" I cut one of them off.

"Do you think the people you're gonna fight are gonna let you take breaks because you're trying your best? No, they aren't. Go home. All of you." I said, looking into all of their eyes, before they all slowly packed up, leaving the gym.

"I see you're cleaning out the weeds," Fury's voice said from the doorway after the last 'recruit' left.

"They're young; I'm sure they'll be back when they're older." I said, grabbing my duffel bag from the floor.

"You have a visitor," He said, and I raised my eyebrows at him, walking next to him as we left the gym.

"If it's my mother, she has dementia, so just tell her that her son lives next door." I said, and Fury chuckled. 

"This one is definitely not your mother. We sent him to your dorm to wait." He said, and I sighed, before I bid him farewell, leaving him to go to the dormitory.

It was 10 flights of stairs up, but I didn't mind; anything to drag out seeing whoever was in my room.

When I got to my room, I took a moment, my mind running through who it could possibly be.

Well, might as well not over think it, right?

"If you're Natalie, then get out, 'cause like I said the first 1000 times, I'm not having sex with you!" I said, loud enough for it to be heard through my entire room.

I dropped my bag on the floor by the door, and walked into the kitchenette, turning on the coffee maker.

I could feel their eyes on me, but I ignored them, going to my bedroom.

The gym's AC was broken, so I was sweating gallons, and desperately needed to take a shower.

I peeled off my shirt, tossing it in the corner of my room, and reached across my bed to plug in my phone, only to scream.

Not because I stubbed my toe- which I did- but because someone grabbed my waist, pulling me into their chest.

When I felt the cold sensation from one of the arms, I froze in place.

It was as cold as steel.

Shit.

"While I am very mad at you . . . I missed you too much to care at the moment." He mumbled, nuzzling his face into my neck.

"You shouldn't be here." I said, swallowing hard.

"Why not?" He asked, lifting his head. He let me go, and turned on the lights, letting me see the pained look on his face.

"If the government finds out that I kept you hidden back then, we would get executed. I am glad to see you; I really am. But you have a life now, and I don't want your past to ruin it."

His head dropped a little, and he stayed silent, letting my words sink in.

"I talked to Fury. It doesn't matter what happened in the past- he said so himself." He reasoned, his tone almost desperate.

I sighed, before I lifted his chin, looking at him with a smile as I tried not to laugh.

"You really believe everything I say, huh?"

He looked at me, confused, until he realized I had bullshitted him, and his face turned into one of betrayal.

"I thought I could trust you." He gasped, dramatically throwing his arms in the air.

I laughed, and fell onto my bed, turning my head to look at him as my hands rested on my stomach.

"Yeah, and I thought you were someone who escaped from a psych ward when I met you." I said, and he scoffed.

"Ouch." He said, before he sat on the edge of my bed, next to my hips.

"Why didn't you come see me when was I first found?" He asked, taking my left hand and playing with my fingers.

"I heard you didn't remember much, and triggering memories could be harmful, so I stayed away. I figured it'd be best if you remembered on your own."

"Come here," I said, gently pulling him down to lay on my bed next to me. I moved farther into the bed to give him room, but he shook his head, curling up around me, his head in the crook of my neck and his hand on my chest.

"Always a snuggle bug, huh?" I asked, chuckling as he managed to move even closer to me, his legs tangled in mine.

"I'm sorry . . ." He mumbled, and I propped myself up on my forearms, looking at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Sorry about what? Don't tell me you're married- Are you?" I asked, and he rolled his eyes.

"No. I'm sorry I left."

"Oh," I said, tilting my head back. "Ok, but I'm not sure I forgive you . . ."

His face was priceless.

Puppy eyes, unshed tears, trembling bottom lip, soft whimpers; the embodiment of sadness and begging possessed him.

It could make anyone cry instantly, besides me. I had trained myself the five years we lived together; he couldn't break me.

Not unless he perfected this method.

Which- frighteningly unfortunate for me- he had.