Part 8

They found their way to the lady's cabin and peered into the window. Moxie seemed beside himself with anxiety. "Sir, we can't just kill a family... how low do you have to be to do that!?"

"I've killed a family before." Astrid pointed out to him and, seeing the look of horror on his face she added, "oh don't worry, there wasn't anymore children in that family, we were just hired to end a bloodline." She knew very well that saying that didn't make it better, but scaring him seemed fun.

"Don't worry Mox, we're not killing the entire family, we're just killing the mother, we're ruining a family." Said Blitz, focusing on the target, who was serving dinner to her family.

"Ew, she looks like a bitch." Astrid muttered in disgust. Just as Blitz was going to pull the trigger, Moxie pushed it away, causing the arrow to hit a picture frame above the lady's head.

"Oh, what was that honey?" The woman asked to her husband.
"I don't know Martha, but whatever is, it's gonna be tomorrow night's dinner."

"Right so we should be scattering right about now." Astrid suggested, making her wings reappear and flying off into the forest. She stopped when she heard someone else. She wasn't alone and it wasn't until she saw the river down the hill that she realized she knew where she was. This was the place where she and Alastor would hide bodies because the family who owned the land also owned some fucked up sacrifice circle. If the police were to track the bodies to that spot they would most likely blame the family for using it for some strange religious practice. She heard a gun shot in the distance and ran off along the river.

She stopped on the edge of the forest that opened into the mouth of the river. She was shocked to find a person was already there. What shocked her more was that she knew the person there. It was Alastor. He was sitting next to freshly dug up earth, it looked like he was marking a grave and she soon realized it was hers.

She wanted to tell him she was alright, that he didn't need to be sad, but she also thought that was breaking some kind of rule, and another gun shot rang through the trees. Alastor looked up right after Astrid managed to hide behind a tree. He stood up and ran off, and so did she, in the opposite direction of course.

She had been running blindly until bumping into Blitz. "No, Shut up, fine just be quiet." He was on the phone with someone, and that particular person seemed to be trying to get Blitz to hook up with him.
The tree that they were hiding behind received a hole from a gun shot. "Come here ya little beastie, I just want to blow your head to bits."

"That's a comforting thought." Astrid murmured, peering from behind the tree. "Where the hell did you come from?" Blitz asked, as if only noticing that she was there. Astrid ignored him.

"Aha! So you two are little demons... I know just where to put you!" She hit Blitz over the head before he could do anything, and Astrid ran around to her back and tried to kick her from the back of the head, but was stabbed in the side of her neck from the other end of the gun.

When she awoke again, it was dark out, she seemed to be tied to something and when she looked she saw that she had been attached to a wooden pole along with Blitz and Millie.

"God, our savior! I shall send these demons back to the pit they crawled out of in your favor!"

"This woman is batshit crazy." Astrid expressed as the woman threw a torch onto the pile of gasoline beneath their feet and laughed as it started to quickly catch fire.

Astrid half heartedly screamed and Blitz looked over. "What are you doing?"
"Oh I thought we were pretending that it actually effected us."

"Wait what the hell?" Martha trailed off.

"Oh yeah, fire really doesn't effect us, I can pretend if that'll get you turned on." Blitz suggested.

"Oh, well I can always just shoot your brains out." Martha replied, lifting up her gun again.

"Oh that would be more effective"

"Blitz!" Astrid and Millie said together.

Astrid recoiled, waiting for the gunshot, when she heard it, she expected searing pain to join it, but only heard a single shriek from Martha. She then felt the ropes being lifted from off her shoulders and she jumped down. "Well that's done. Also since when have you been able to fly?" Blitz inquired. "Uh... I don't know, since I got here."

The other two were also giving her a weird look too. "What?"

"I'll explain later, come on gang."
Blitz patted himself, looking for his phone. Astrid wasn't sure what made her do it, she snapped her fingers and his phone appeared in her hand, she handed to him, a number named "stolas" was still talking about his sexual desires when Blitz hung up and called luna. After the portal opened, he gave Astrid another weird look and walked through.
***

"Why is it so weird that I have wings?" Astrid asked Blitz when they were standing on the roof of the building. "Well... you know that song 'devils don't fly?' It's an overrated song but the song is right, we don't fly and there's good reason behind it."

"Why?" She asked

"We're demons, we're from hell, we're supposed to be trapped down here, wings usually represent hope, we're not allowed to have that." Blitzø sighed.

"And as for that little magic trick... how?" He looked over at her. "I don't know. I've been able to do small things like that forever, or at least since I was maybe 9 or 10. Let me guess, that's not normal either."

Blitz looked at her like she was crazy. "I guess you and I have very different opinions on what is considered normal."