Part 9

Astrid worked well with the rest of the team. So far in a little less than a year, she had taken down an evil robot at an amusement park, helped out with a stupid challenge that Blitz had made with a particularly bitchy ex, and stopped a bunch of angels from preventing a man from committing suicide.
***
Astrid tossed and turned in her sleep as her nightmares became flooded with flashes of blood, her parents standing above her, pointing and laughing as she scrambled to fight off the knives and fire pokers, the priest chased her with a gun, while angry angels followed him. She awoke with a gasp and fell out of bed when she noticed 2 bright flashlight like eyes gazing at her.

"Blitz!" She gasped, covering up her shoulders and arms with a blanket. "How the fuck did you know I live here, and also how did you even get in here?" He tilted his head. "Nice place you got here." Astrid rolled her eyes and put on a hoodie that was sitting on the side of her bed.

"Hello? How did you get here?"

Blitz looked around. "What are all these little bottles? Wow you have a lot of plants, how do you keep those alive here? Oh mushrooms. Is that a Satan circle on the floor? Why do you have all of this? Spell books, do you do witchcraft?"

Astrid rolled her eyes. "Yes I'm a witch, do you mind telling me why you're here?"

"Oh yeah, Stolas invited us to some harvest moon festival in the wrath ring." Astrid yawned and nodded. "Ok? Was this before, during, or after you two were hooking up?" Blitz rolled his eyes.

"Were you having nightmares?" He asked.

"How long we're you watching me sleep?"

"About 5 minutes, I came in and you started thrashing around I thought you were having a seizure."

"Yes, I almost never sleep, because of the nightmares." He nodded. "I understand, it goes the same way for me."

Astrid was surprised, she couldn't think of any reason Blitz might be having nightmares, though she learned a while ago that just because she couldn't think of a reason someone does something doesn't mean there isn't a reason.

"Anyways come on, we'll be staying for a couple days and wrath is really hot. Temperature wise, I mean you've seen Millie and Moxxie they really aren't the sexiest demons in hell."

Astrid privately thought that Millie was hot, not that she would date her because she thought Millie and Moxxie were perfect for each other as it was, but Millie wasn't exactly ugly.

She got dressed in a long sleeved dress and leggings, packed a few items in the bag she carried around with her, and headed out the door.

"Did you not hear me? I said it's really hot out there." Blitz said when she headed out into the cool night, the sun still hadn't risen but she rolled her eyes. "I don't like short sleeves."

"Why not?"

"Is it any of your business?"

"Not really... are you doing it to cover up scars?"

Astrid was taken aback by his guess. "Y- Um... yeah." She admitted, looking ashamedly at the ground. Blitz put his hand on her arm. "Hey, it's alright, I used to cover up my scars too." Astrid looked up at him. "What scars?"

He gestured to his face and arms, "did you think all these little white spots were just birth marks?" He asked, chuckling.

"I thought either that or Vitiligo."

"I don't know what that is."

"It's- never mind I'm not going to explain it."

"My point is, you don't have to hide them here, people may have judged you in the living world, but nobody is going to judge you here."