8| Club

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Club

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 8: Club (Michael's POV)

We were all standing in the hotel lobby, waiting for the elevators to go up to our rooms. 

"Listen up, guys!" Cody announced, taking everyone's attention. "There's a club down the street, we're all in, yeah? It's tradition now to celebrate after a win. Everybody's coming right? Gentlemen, ladies?" He scanned everyone's faces. 

Everybody was on board. Everybody except Amelia. "Um... I might have to take a rain check," she chuckled softly. 

"How come?" Demi asked. 

"Yeah, you never miss out on anything with the team," Logan chimed in. 

"I'm not feeling good," she shrugged, tucking her hair behind her ear. 

I looked down at her while she stood beside me, shifting her weight from one foot to the other in unease. 

"Are you sick?" Maya wondered, seeming genuinely worried just like everybody else. 

"Just a headache. I'm sure if I call it a night early, I'll be good to go." 

"Somebody should stay with you though. Just in case you get sick, right?" Christian asked. 

I saw Maya shrug but before she could volunteer, I did. "I'll stay with her." I felt her eyes on me while the others paused and then nodded slowly. 

"All right." 

"You don't have to do that, Michael. I can take care of myself," Amelia said, forcing a smile. 

"I know you can," I replied, "but I'm not in a mood to drink either. I'll be one door down, so just call me if you need help." 

She sighed, shooting me a pointed look as everybody filed into the elevator. We stopped every few floors, Amelia and I getting out last and walking to our rooms. "You should go with the others to the club," she said, fishing her keycard out of her pocket. 

"Why don't you worry about getting better, Lia?" I heard her door open and turned to look at her. 

She pushed it open and inserted the keycard into the holder and stood in the doorway with her arms folded across her chest, staring at me. "Do you always have to do this?" she asked with a small shrug. 

"Do what?" 

"Be around me all the damn time," she whispered mostly to herself, staring down at her shoes. She shook her head in defeat. "You know what, forget it. I'll be in my room, you stay in yours if that's what you wish. Order room service for dinner or go out, I don't care. But just let me know before you leave, just in case someone calls and—" 

"I'm not going anywhere, Lia." 

She chuckled dryly, "You don't always mean that now, do you?"