𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 - 𝘌𝘷𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢

• • •

I won, of course

I won, of course. You should have seen Sloan's face. It made my day, especially after being measured earlier and finding out I have put on an inch. Mother wasn't thrilled and I may have lied about going to Izzy's to think of a new diet plan. Only to end up here drinking terrible beer at a frat house full of complete idiots.

This makes it worth it. I came here to show ship-boy that it wouldn't take much for me to be fully integrated into his life. His friends, his parties, maybe even his games. Sounds crazy, but he can't stand me being near him, let alone hanging around with his friends, his people.

It makes me want to do it all the more. But I won't. I don't care enough. This was payback. So far, nothing has been mentioned about any pills, so I can only presume that he has said nothing. The music is loud and physically thumping the floor as I walk through the kitchen.

People are gathered around the table full of different types of alcohol and what looks like some brownies. I think they are called pot brownies. I'm not 100% sure about what they contain, but I know it is some sort of drug and not the legal kind, so I make sure to stay away.

One couple is pretty much having sex on the table and another on the counter and it makes me wonder if it is like this all the time. It baffles me that people like these sorts of things. Why not sit somewhere quiet where actual conversations can be heard and tasteful wine can be served? Instead, people like to drink sour and dance dirty. It's different.

"Evanna" My name is called and I turn, not knowing who to expect. Half of me tenses and convinces myself that Sloan has finally found me. I scarped quickly after he got angry that he lost and demanded another round. Ronan, at that point, was trying to drag him away and mouthed at me to leave.

Isabel and Lucy's glassy eyes meet mine though, and I can only sigh in disappointment. I didn't want to see them here tonight. Crazy seeing, as I only knew this was happening because of them.

"Hi" is all I can reply with. I will allow myself to be annoyed with them for a little longer.

"How are you here?" Lucy slurs, tipping forward before Izzy has to pull her upright.

"The same way you are. Thanks for inviting me by the way" Nudging my way past them, I head for the door. However, his voice stops me.

"Leaving so soon, Thorn?"

Damn him. He found me.

I think about my options for a moment before replying, "No. I was getting some air." I turn to face him and he seems to have sobered up a bit.