𝘚𝘪𝘹 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘢𝘯

• • •

Anger presents in many different forms

Anger presents in many different forms. I choose the gym as it's the safest way I can distribute it without causing harm to others.

"Sloan."

I can hear Ronan calling my name, but I'm too angry for it to filter through my brain so I can heave a response. I push harder, the dumbbells above my head straining my arms as I continue my overhead press.

"Murphy!"

"What?" I growl out, dropping my dumbbells to the floor and standing up from the bench. I turn and realise my mistake too late. It's Coach.

"Boy, drop your attitude with me."

I swig some water before pouring the rest of it over my head, feeling like I'm going to overheat. We stand in silence for a moment and I see that the rest of the team is behind him.

"What is it?" I sigh, running my hand through my hair.

"Your head has been somewhere else these past 2 weeks, Sloan. You need to sort it out. You are affecting your team. But we are also concerned." Coach Quinn rumbles, stepping closer to me.

Of course, I have been somewhere else these past 2 weeks. Evanna had a panic attack in the locker room after being manhandled by someone on my team. Then she came at me with the ominous 'what have you done?' and then left.

It took me a couple of days to figure out what she was going on about. It was then that I realised she was talking about everyone that was talking. Somehow it had got out we had sex the night of the party. It did not affect me in the beginning, as she was getting the brunt of the rumours. However, in the past 2 weeks, they have been getting way worse.

It's like someone is pouring gasoline over an already lit fire.

Someone want's bringing Evanna down and for once it is not me.

"What do you want me to say?" I raise my hands and drop them in exasperation.

"Talk to us. Talk to me, Murphy." Coach murmurs, his eyebrows creasing in worry.

"No. What you all want is confirmation." I look at their faces before turning to walk over to the leg press.

"Sloan-"

"Stop. Yes, I had sex with her. It was one night. Never going to happen again. No, she did not pay me." I spit, turning around and facing them once again.