The Clairvoyant

She was a clairvoyant, and no matter what, she was always right.

The future first came to her in flashes as a child. Eyes rolling back in her head, her body vibrating, she caught her first glimpse of her future. Nothing too jarring- she would see the grade she would get on a paper before it came back, the weather for the week...she always thought being a clairvoyant would be more interesting.

As a teen, she saw what relationships would develop, what college she would get into...she also gained the ability to see individuals futures, which led to a side business for readings. She didn't have to touch clients- if she could just see them, she could do a reading for people.

As an adult, these readings continued as a full time endeavor. Hundreds of people would flock to see her, to hear her wisdom and predictions.

But today, when she read the first person, her visions were interrupted by blackness. Still vibrating, she focused. And then...nothing. Frustrated, she tried another person. Nothing. She grasped another's hand. Nothing. She looked out over the whole room - there was nothing. Not that she had lost her ability- she was still vibrating with the power of it.

There was just no future.