Chapter 15: Train

When I finally fell asleep that night I was depressed, confused, and in no mood to train with Reael the next day. I knew it would be hard, because she was one of the best elfish warriors, and I was afraid I would disappoint her. I knew I was no fighter, and I defiantly had no chance at become a real elfish warrior. I fell asleep quickly and didn't wake up tell I heard the birds chirping. There was sun light streaming thought my window, and onto my face. Again I wondered why I hadn't been blinded buy one image while I had been in this realm. I decided I had no way to figure out the reason until later, so I pushed it out of my mind. I checked my bullet wound and saw that it was pretty much completely healed. I stared at it in amazement, and wondered if it was my elfish healing gene, or the herbs and oils the healers put on it the day before. My leg felt almost completely normal, and I was thrilled. I was sucked back to reality when I heard a knock on my door, and Reael strutted in without a second of hesitation. "Um, good morning." I said, and she turned and glared at me. I tried to think of anything I could have possible done to upset her, and couldn't think of one thing. "We are starting training today. If you want to be able to defend yourself you're going to have work harder than this." she gesturing to me in the bed. I opened my mouth to say something, but she held up a hand, "I don't want to hear any excuses. You want to become a warrior and that's what I'm going to do." she threw clothes at me, and started toward the door, "Change, and be ready to work hard." she said, and slammed the door as she left. I groaned and slammed me head into a pillow.

The clothes she gave me were workout clothes from my realm and I couldn't have been happier not to be training in a dress. It was a dry fit long sleeve's Grey shirt which I was thankful for because it was freezing in the elfish realms. I also had black leggings and she gave me a pair of tennis shoes. I wondered if I would get wired looks for training in what elf people would consider wired clothing. I threw my hair up into a pony tail and glanced into the mirror before walking out. I surprised by what I saw. I looked older, and more experienced. I looked stronger, and fiercer than I did last time I looked into a mirror. I had a feeling I wasn't done changing. I walked out of my room to find Reael waiting for me. "Took you long enough." she said and started walking down the hall at a determined pace. I had to almost jog to keep up with her. We went down several stairs and when we got outside I saw a giant stair case leading down to a beautiful beach with caves, and big waves. It was amazing and I was overwhelmed with home sickness. It was so much like the beach I had grown up on. There was a salty wind, the squawk of seagull, and an ocean smell. I couldn't help the huge mile that spread over my face, and I was taken away from the beautiful moment when Reael started talking. "Run up and down the stairs four time." she said, and I looked at her in shock, "What!? Do you see how many steps there are?" I asked, and she nodded as she crossed her arms. There was about three stories worth of steps. "Go" she said, and I rubbed my temples as I took a deep breath and started down the huge stair case. By the time I had gone down and back up I was completely out of breath, and Reael was still standing there with a stone cold look on her face. "One" she said, and I felt exhausted already. I got to two by the time I could barely go up one step and my legs were burning so bad I almost cried. I was going so slow I thought I would be done until the sun set, but I bit my tongue and didn't stop going. I didn't stop moving tell I got to the top of the steps, and Reael said, "Four" and I collapsed on the ground. I sucked in shallow breaths, desperate for air, and she sat down next to me. "You are a fighter, and if you continue to fight like that, you will become a very talented warrior." she said, and I looked up at her, "You think I have potential?" I asked, and she nodded, "You have tons of potential. You are also a fighter, and fighters make the best warriors." she said, and I smiled as I let my head slump back down to the ground. "Come on Esme that was only your warm up." she said, and I looked at the ground hopelessly. "You are insane." I mumbled, and she laughed.

Reael continued to slowly kill me the rest of the day. We went down to the sand, and we did a ton of muscle building exercises. She had me work on my arm muscle until they were numb, and shaking so badly I would barley lift them. Then she had me work on my stomach muscles until I could barely sit up. After that she had me work on my leg muscles until I couldn't even stand. I laid on the sand and felt like I couldn't move one muscle. After she gave me a few moments to try and move my muscles again, she led me through the most painful stretching session I had even gone through. It was partly yoga, partly meditation, and partly classic stretching. I felt like a noddle by the time we were done, and I had never felt the wonderful sensation that settled over me. It was partly adrenaline, and part pure power. I laid on the sand of the beautiful beach and felt the wonderful feeling flood over me. When I finally set up with my extremely sore stomach muscles I saw that the sun was setting, and I was shocked by how fast the day had went. I looked over at Reael who was still laying on her back with a smile on her face. "Day one complete." she said, and she sat up. "Uh, how many days is there?" I asked, and she gave me a mischievous smile, "Well there is fourteen days of muscle building, then there is fourteen days of skills training." she said, and I raised an eye brow. "It only takes four week to become a warrior?" I asked, and she shook her head, "By the end of the four weeks you will be able to begin becoming your own warrior." she said, and I rubbed my eyes. "Bring it" I reluctantly said, and I actually herd her laugh. "Go get some rest, because every day gets harder." she said, and I slowly got to my feet and my entire body screamed. I looked up the giant stair case I had to go up in order to get back up to the castle and I groaned as I started up the stairs. When I finally made it up the stairs I was about to pass out from exhaustion. I was surprised when I saw Zacael, the king's brother. He watched me try and act like I was completely fine. I tried to cross my arms casually, but it was too hard and my arm dropped to my side. "You look like you got the crap kicked out of you." he said, and I nodded, "That's kinda how it feels too." I said, and he looked amused. "You really want to this?" he asked, and I gave him an irritated, "Why wouldn't I? I want to be able to fight, and be a warrior." I said, and he shrugged, "Your one of the gifted as well. How would they feel if you were trained like an elf?" he asked, and this time I actually crossed my arms, "It's my choice who I chose to be. They have no say in how I train or what I do with my life." I said, and he raised an eye brow, "Okay, okay. I think it's smart of you to want to defend yourself." he said, and the amusement dropped between us. I looked down at the ground, "Will they ever stop coming after me?" I asked, and he looked up at the sky, "I think they will only stop when they know that they can't get you." he said, and I threw my hands up, even though it hurt, "They will always be able to get me." I said, and he raised an eye brow, "Will they?" he asked, and I gave him a weird look as he turned to walk away. I watched him walk away until I couldn't see him anymore, and I shook off the strange feeling I got when I was around him and started up to my room.

When I got up my room there was a plate of food waiting for me on the bed. I hadn't realized how very hungry I was until I took the first bite of the mysterious meat. I didn't stop eating the food until it was completely gone and I could feel a stomach ache coming on. I took a nice hot shower and collapsed into the bed, and feel asleep within seconds. I was suddenly running through the forest and my lungs were burning. I ducked and jumped over plants and branches. I had no idea what I was running from, but I knew something was coming for me. The hairs on the back of my neck stood at their tips, and my whole body was covered with a cold sweat. I felt tears running down my face and my heart was in my head. Suddenly my foot caught on something, and I fell hard on my back. My breath was taken away and gulped down air, seeming to not get enough no matter how much I sucked in. I suddenly knew the thing I was running from was here and I swallowed a scream. Then out of the shadow of the moon, a man walked out from behind the trees. I scrambling backward and I couldn't feel anything but panic and terror pulsing through my body. I stared at the face of the man and I was stunned. It was Kase. He lunged towards and I screamed at the top of my lungs. Suddenly I was in a dark room, and I realized I was in my room in the elfish castle. I was covered in sweat, and my lunges were raw from screaming. I was breath really hard, like I had just run a mile at a full sprint. I went to put my feet over the edge of the bed, and I felt every muscle in my body scream for me to stop moving. I remembered the training from the day before and I groaned at the thought of the next session. I slowly stood up and my whole body ached. I ran my hands through my hair as I recalled the horrifying dream. I had been running from Kase? Why would I possibly be running from Kase? He had warned me about the attack and tried to save me! Maybe I was going crazy from this overwhelming world. Kase would never want to hurt me. I laid back down and stared into the darkness trying to convince myself that I hadn't seen Kase in the terrifying dream. I didn't fall asleep for the rest of the night and when Reael came in to wake me up I was already dressed and ready to get my mind off my thoughts. I had a scary feeling that not having the blinding images was starting to play with my head. The extreme work out actually felt good. Having the terrible burn in my body was distracting and it help me focus my mind. Reael had tried to ask me what was wrong with me, but I dodged the question and told her I was fine. I knew it was a complete lie, but I didn't want anyone worrying about me. I wanted to be the only one worrying about myself. That night I didn't see anyone and when I went to bed I had the same exact dream. I woke up in the same cold sweat and with the same fear stricken heart. I wiped the sweat off of my fore head, and I knew I had to figure out what this dream meant, or I would lose my mind.