Chapter 22: Casino Baby

The time didn't go fast enough, and then went too fast. It was about 8:30 when my grandmother pulled the black van into the roundabout drive up and we were all taken aback. The hotel was also a casino and it was huge. There was a ton of people and it was very obviously popular. There was flashing lights everywhere, and it was hard for me to take in. I hadn't been expose to so much neon in what felt like a life time. "Everyone gather around." my grandmother said, and we all went to the back of the van and huddled in a circle. I was slightly surprised to see that Kase was still here. I wondered why he hadn't left yet. There was no reason he had for still helping me. "Okay, so I can get you all in, but once you are in there you have to act like you are much older. You're all look older than you are, well except for Reael and Zacael.... they looked younger... anyways you will have to act like you are comfortable in a casino, and you have to keep your guard up so no one asks for you ID." she said, and we all listened intently. "I have clothes that will match what everyone else it wearing, but you have to mold your personalities to match. Girls," she said turning to Reael and I who were the only girls, "The women in there aren't exactly naïve girls. You cannot act like you don't belong. You have to be confident... and a little sassy." she said, and the boys seemed amused by her choice of words. The she turned to the boys, "Boys, you need to be smooth. You need to be over confident, and act like you are there for a good time, not like you are on a mission." she said, and I couldn't help but admire how she was a natural leader and I loved knowing that my grandmother was so cool. "I think that if these Wizards are actually taking refuge here they will be in the basement." she said, and we all nodded, "There is an entrance to the basement in the janitor hallway at the very back of the building. You will have to slowly make your way to the back of the building, acting like you are just wondering around playing games. They will have guards at the door entrance, so you will know where they are. You will have to take care of the guards, I'm not sure how the best way to that will be, but you're going to have to get rid of them, no killing." she said, and I agreed. We weren't killers. "Once you get your mother, get your butts out of there as fast as you can, and I will be out here waiting for you." she said, and Reael didn't look satisfied. "That's it?' she asked and my grandmother raised her eyes brow, "Is there any other way to do it? Once they find you guys are there, any plan we might have prepared is going to totally fall apart." she said, and I knew she was right, and I could see that Reael came to the same conclusion. "Now, Felix is going to stay behind with me, is anyone else?" she asked, and I looked at everyone, and no one seemed to be backing down. I made eye contact with Kase and his eyes weren't cold like I thought they would be, they were soft and sorry. My grandmother grabbed my and Reael's hands, "I have some old dresses in the back that you two can choose from." she said, and when we found it there was four classic nice looking tux's for the boys, a shorter gold dress that matched Reael's skin tone, and a long black dress that was tight and had an elegance to it that the dresses I usually wear never have. My dress fit me perfectly and when I looked into the mirror I was actually surprised by how I looked in it. My grandmother grinned when she saw me in the dress, and she put my hair up in an elegant side bun. I actually looked pretty in the dress. I looked over at Reael and she looked gorgeous in her gold dress. I glanced over at C on instinct to see what he thought about his crush in a beautiful dress, and he had a grin on his face. I wondered if he was going to wear his sun glasses inside. He turned his head to me, and gave me a nod. I laughed at how he just could answer what I was wondered. Kase and Grey walked over and they both looked handsome in their tuxes. Kase wouldn't make eye contact with me and he walked away. Grey walked over at me and he shook his head, "You look absolutely stunning." he said, and I fingered the ring on my hand on instinct, under the compliment. "Hey, you got this." he said with a nod, and I nodded back. It was nice to know that Grey was always there. He was just a person with a kind nature, and I loved how he always cheered me up.