10~ Pool Day

We sat around our house doing nothing yet again. This had become something of a cycle on the days the boys didn't have practice. We sat around for the first bit of the day and got bored. Then we decided to do something.

Unfortunately for us, we haven't had anything come to mind.

A sudden memory came to me.

"Do you guys remember when Connor almost fell off the roof?" I laughed.

The boys joined in my laughter.

"Yeah we were all sitting down like Dad told us to and Connor just had to get up and start running around" Cooper remembered.

"Yeah and dad yelled at him and he freaked out. If dad wasn't there to catch him, he would've ended up on the pavement" Carter finished the memory for all of us.

True we laugh about it now, but back then that shit was scary. It was only a few weeks after Mom left. It was Dad's first horrifying thing that she wasn't there for.

Connor crossed his arms. "I was only eight. Plus I wasn't the only one who did stupid shit. There so many times Coop or Carter did stupider shit than that." He pouted.

"Aww" I pinched his cheeks. "Is baby Con all upset cuz he was stupid?"

He swatted my hand out of his face. "At least I wasn't the one who decided to have a flour fight and a water gun fight in the kitchen" he countered to Cooper.

Coop put his hands up in defense. "In my defense, it was Carter who started the flour fight. It was just my idea to spray him back with a water gun."

"Remember when we threatened that fifth grader who had a big crush on Cora?" Carter brought up.

I didn't remember this.

The boys laughed. "Yeah we made him cry." Connor said.

"What? Who did you make cry?" I ordered.

"Adrien Head?" Connor said like he wasn't quite sure.

"Dri Dri?" I asked.

He had a crush on me since we were in second grade. It wasn't until fifth grade that he gave up. I kept telling him that I didn't want to have a boyfriend and that I had three brothers. I never realized that they were the reason he stopped trying.

"Oh I remember that!" Coop said excitedly. "Didn't he move once he got to middle school?"

I nodded. "Yeah he wrote me one last letter. I wonder where he's at now."

"Hey why have we thought of a million and one stupid shit we did, but none for Cora?" Carter asked his brothers.

"Because I'm the perfect child" I flipped my hair over my shoulder.

Connor scoffed. "Yeah right, you did so much shit. You just always got away with it."

Carter and Cooper agreed.

"I guess that's how it is being Dad's favorite." I smirked at my brothers.

Carter's phone started ringing and he answered.