Chapter 58: Harper

With zero fucks to give about how I'd locked Jake out of my room, I grabbed a towel, a pair of pajamas, and my shower caddy. Without a look at Jake's soft knocks against our door, I entered the bathroom and locked that door behind me.

Since my dildo's sterilization timer and patience were both finished, I drained the water out of the sink, then took the longest shower manageable. Once dried off and dressed in my pajamas, I scooped up my small, sad pile of dildos and laid them out on the towel on my desk.

Li sat at her desk, where she unpacked and repacked her backpack. "Jake, umm..."

"Fuck, is he still here?" My eyes narrowed at the mention of dickhead's name since I'd hoped my longass showered was enough of a 'get lost' hint. "Did he bother you?"

"No." Li's head shook a few times from where she sat up on top of her bed. "He pounded on the door for a while but I went out and talked to him. Hope that's okay. He... left with some clothes you put in the hall but said he'll make it up to you?"

She gazed down at me with a sympathy level that Jake didn't deserve and honestly, I probably didn't either. "Did you have a fight?"

"More like a moment of sheer stupidity on his behalf." A low grunt left me as I sat down at my desk, spread out my towel, and lined up my dildos. The right corner of my lips tucked into my cheek when I realized I couldn't even use any of these tonight because they weren't dry.

Guess we're both staying unsatisfied tonight.

"Hey, don't you..." Li's eyes roamed over my eight veterans as I mentally rose up a prayer for their fallen comrades. "Umm... have more?"

"I did." My eyes slid closed and I drew in a sharp breath at the tension that resurfaced inside me. With a huffed exhale, I flipped my eyes open. "Until Jake tossed them into one of the dumpsters behind our building."

Her almond-shaped eyes stretched wider and she covered one hand over her mouth. "Those were yours!?" Her small shoulders bounced with the giggles that wrapped around her fingers. "I should've known."

At her words, a laugh strangled itself in my throat. "What?"

"I went to throw out my car trash before I came up. A small group was... admiring them," she admitted between giggles.

"How small?" Even though I had no identification on my stash, I probably would've noticed them and laughed as well. "Are we talking girl scout troop or micro-peen sized?"

"Just four people," she assured me, then shifted her eyes to the row of remainders on my towel. "I'm sorry."

"Technically it was an accident," I relented that much information, since I had knocked Jake's hands. "He was teasing and holding them over the bin. You missed my dumpster dive save and rescue efforts."

Li hummed quietly, then shook her head. "Explains your clothes thrown out in the hallway."

"Yep. I see Kieran was here." I shifted my eyes and the conversation to the third poster, which I hoped morphed into a fourth that resulted in one of the Jake ones removed. "How was your gala benefit thing?"

Li's eyes rolled. "Boring. I'm sure whatever you did this weekend was more interesting."

Doubt it, I did Jake.

My lips curled up on their own. Li obviously noticed by the interest that sparkled in her eyes. I pressed my lips together tightly but she still teased, "I saw that. Jake, huh?"

"He took me to an LA underground tour then dinner," I admitted softly as I lined up all eight dildo's bases in one line.

"That's so sweet," she cooed in a sweet, girly tone and hugged her elbows with her palms. "We should try a double-date, if those two could get along for one night."