CHAPTER NINE

SOS

SOS.

Suhyeon swore that it was somehow affiliated to boats or any marine-related stuff and that it was an abbreviation of words she failed to identify.

Day one, living in a possibly apocalyptic town and she has forgotten about tons of lessons she learned in school. How ironic that they are in the very same school where she was learned those forgotten lessons.

Who said they can use mathematics in real life? Can they use it now?

“We can’t last long anyway. Three minutes without oxygen, three days without water, three weeks without food.” Namra broke her silence after she chatted with Suhyeon earlier.

Okay, maybe they can really use mathematics in real life, sometimes.

“What’s that?” Suhyeok asked, dumbfounded.

“How long a person can survive.”

As expected from Choi Namra. The brightest one in the room and their class’s president. She had already calculated everything while Suhyeon has already given up just before she could start computing in her mind.

On a more serious note, Suhyeon would rather die instantly than feel her body slowly shutting down and die in a couple of weeks.

That sounds like torture and painful.

“It’s only been a day, you know. We have to try the best we can.”

Namra turned her head towards On-jo, “We will show signs of dehydration today and we won't be able to move by tomorrow.”

Abruptly, Suhyeon had missed her favourite drink, water, and thought of how much she took things for granted. How they took everything for granted.

All because of personal pleasure, peer pressure, and to excel academically.

Suhyeon hasn’t lived her life yet. In her own opinion, she is just simply existing. And it would be a disgrace if her so-called life ended only because of a freaking zombie virus outbreak.