Chapter Ten: Stand Off

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

I'm dead.

I lay next to Tatiana, thinking about my decision.

"He probably knows I'm with you." I say aloud trying to convince myself just as much as Tatiana who is walking back and forth, yelling at me.

"When I said try new things, THIS is not what I meant my love. He is going to kill you and then he's going to kill me." I laugh hysterically because she's right. He would absolutely do that.

"Bitch, you're crazy." She adds, joining in on the laughter. "Well at least we will have died with a few good laughs." I joke as she lets out a heavy sigh.

My phone rings for the 23rd time. Each one makes my heart jump out of my chest. I throw my phone to the side and lay down with a dramatic sigh. "This is all his fault. Why ask me questions? Why invite me to your bed? Just why?" I rant, my hands find their way to the fluffy pillows on her bed. I mess with the fur pillow as I try to explain my thoughts, admiring the different patterns as I brush my hands across it.

"This isn't fair." I grunt. "What isn't?" Still pacing, but now on her phone, most likely texting James.

"Alec. Keep up." I lay back, staring at the ceiling. "God, you should've see me. I just froze like a deer in fucking headlights. It's always been that way." I grunt, throwing a pillow on top of my face.

To hide my shame and dignity.

"Well maybe that's it.. You just need to remind yourself that you guys are older now. It's different now." She adds, pointing as if she came up with a brilliant idea.

Her ideas will get us both killed. 

"Please, don't say anything else." I urge her because I already know what that face means.

Sleep with Alec?
No. Absolutely not.

"What it's a great idea. Think about it." She coos and I roll my eyes. "Great idea right?" She adds. "No. It sounds like a complicated one." I release.