21 :: Fill Up

CHAPTER 21: Fill Up

Getting slapped for being an asshole wasn't my thing anymore. No. My thing had become getting my ego and heart diced up and served in a silver platter like fruit!

If it's all the same to the universe, I'd like to switch back, please. A bruised cheek hurts much less than a beat-up heart.

A knock on my door brought me back to reality. I've been ignoring the knocks since I got home after the party. It was pretty easy with my music cranked up to full volume. Miraculously, that series of knocks was loud enough to cut over Shawn's voice.

"Trevor!" Louie's oh-so-familiar voice shouted. He kept banging on the door.

I sighed and continued ignoring.

"TREVOOOOR!" he bellowed, knocking so hard, I thought his fist was gonna slam through the door.

I turned the volume up.

"Trev-turd!" a new voice shouted. It was Donnie! Looks like Louie brought reinforcement this time.

I wondered what they were gonna do. Were they gonna pick the lock? Well, too bad. I'd already dead bolted the door from the inside. Louie's strong enough. Were they just gonna break it down?

The ruckus stopped and I heard their shuffling footsteps fading away. I sighed in relief.

Finally, I could listen to Illuminate in peace!

I put my arm over my eyes and started singing along to Mercy. My vocals were shit compared to Shawn's, of course. Hell if I cared! I just wanted to shout the lyrics.

"Oh, my God! Trev-turd, stop! You're gonna make it rain and my makeup's not waterproof," huffed London.

I shot out of bed. I could've sworn her voice sounded like she magically got into my room.

"Over here, turd!" Louie's voice called from the balcony.

Goddamn it! I knew I never should have put a ladder there.

London was already through the entrance of the balcony. Louie was shaking snow off his coat.  I hid under the covers hoping that they'd leave me alone. Monsters leave when you get under your blankets, right?

Moments later, a body crashed over me. I felt an elbow collide with my stomach. It knocked the wind out of me and forced me out of hiding.

"And the Lou-ser goes for a smack down!" Donnie yelled like a freaking WWE commentator.

"You asshole!" I gasped out, pointing at the jerk on my bed.

The Steffensons were laughing at my misery. Classic.

"You know, when a person doesn't answer the door, most people would just leave. They don't go breaking and entering!"

"We didn't break anything," London pointed out.

"We'll see about that. I think you fractured my rib!" I argued, holding my belly.

"I heard Shawn," Louie said, pointing to my phone. "I knew it had to be bad. So, we did what we had to."

I rolled my eyes. "You don't have to do anything," I grumbled, killing the music.

London came closer and pulled me in a sympathetic hug. "I'm sorry about Kaye, Trev-turd," she said.

"You told her?" I asked her brother.

Louie shrugged. "I had to. She's gonna help us."

"Help us?"