Chapter 8

After a few hours of travel, the PAW Patroller arrived in Naples, during the trip Ryder had told the puppies about the travel program.

Ryder gave the puppies an afternoon of full freedom as long as they returned in the evening.

"Now puppies you can go" 

"You, Katie and Cap'n Turbot?" Asked Chase curious about their plans for the day.

"I'm sure we'll find something to do" Katie said with a chuckle.

After a short chat, the puppies split into pairs and went to visit the city. Ryder had given them a 3D map so they wouldn't get lost.

Marshall and Everest they walked towards Vesuvius. In Everest, Vesuvius reminded them of the mountain, and besides, you don't see a volcano every day. Marshall agreed to walk with her even though the volcano remember at it the lava, and lava... the fire.

Everest noticed that Marshall didn't speak and his paw was shaking. "Marshall are you ok?"
Everest asked the Dalmatian who was staring into space. 

Marshall POV:

My mind was thinking the worst, after hearing that Everest wanted to see the volcano, albeit from a distance, it made me shiver. 

The volcano reminded me of lava. And the lava created the fire, when I came to that conclusion I remembered a mission from many years ago. My mind also asked the scariest question. What if it erupts? Just thinking about it made me shiver, to see an entire city swept away by a Volcano.

-The Empereor-: If you are scared just thinking about it, you are lucky not to have witnessed the explosion of Vesuvius in 79 BC.

Marshall: W-Why? W-What happened there? *afraid*

-The Empereor-: For plot reasons I can't tell you, good luck Marshall.

Marshall: NO wait!

"Marshall are you ok?" Said a soft voice beside me.

I realized it was Everest and stared into her teal eyes, I couldn't take my eyes off her, and too perfect for a clumsy dog ​​like me. 

"Marshall you're making me worry, answer me" The Husky stepped in front of me to block my way, I didn't notice him and I collided with her. When I opened my eyes again I noticed our noses touching and I immediately blushed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to collide with you" I said even more embarrassed than before, I was turning redder than my fire truck.

"No, it's my fault, if I hadn't stood in front of you it wouldn't have happened" Everest said, impressed by what had happened. 

"Aww, quanto son carini chelli cani laggiu/Aww, how cute are those dogs over there" Said a woman with a strange accent.

Feeling observed, Everest and I moved away from that area.

Meanwhile, two couples following two different roads were going towards the seafront of Naples. 

"This city is very beautiful" Said Ella observing the various buildings he encountered.

"You say it to every attraction you see" Zuma said laughing, making Ella laugh too.

I know, it's just that my brother and I spend our time daring to hunt bad guys and I never stop. For once I can go to a place and enjoy it without someone to catch.

"You know, on the other hand, I would like to be more engaged in missions" Zuma said sadly "I'm just employed for missions at sea or wherever there is water, all help with their missions but that Ryder use me more" 

Ella approached Zuma to comfort him. "Even if you do not participate in the missions I am sure that you give your best when it comes to rescue at sea" She smiled at Zuma to cheer him up. Ella's move worked, Zuma smiled again.

The two dogs didn't notice where they were going and got lost. "Zuma where do we go now?" Asked Ella. "I don't know Ella, we got lost" Zuma said trying to orient himself. "Maybe try asking for directions" Ella said walking towards a person who was waiting for the bus.

"Wait" Said Zuma moving the ears. "We are close to the sea, follow me" Zuma started running followed by Ella.

Chase and Skye walking along the seafront, it was a perfect day, the sun was shining high in the sky, there were few clouds, there was a light wind. A perfect day to go to the beach or just take a walk.

"I like this city, especially the sea" Said Skye. "I also like the beach, what a pity it is full of people" Replied Chase.

"I wonder how they're going through Adventure Bay" Said Skye. "I'm sure they're doing well" Chase's sentence made the two laugh, imagining Adventure Bay in complete chaos.

That day there were a lot of people and a lot of dogs on the boardwalk, Skye didn't like females walking past Chase. Then Skye approaches Chase, almost touching him. This made the German shepherd blush who was not expecting it.

"So, you want to eat something" Asked Skye at the German sheperd. "Okay Skye, you choose" 
Skye looked around to find a refreshment point, noticed that there was a small shop selling ice cream in front of the beach.

"Follow me Chase" The two dogs went on the scorching sand which made them run as fast as possible towards the kiosk.

"Tenite corso eh, ca cosa ve pozze offrire/ You ran, what can I offer you" Said the Ice cream maker whit a strange accent.

The ice cream man understood that the two dogs did not understand Italian and therefore began to speak in English but always with that strange accent.

"Now i repeat, what can I offer you?"

"For me a ice cream whit strawberry and vanilla" Said Skye.

"And for your boyfriend?" 

The two dogs blushed but Chase found the strength to say the flavors he wanted in the ice cream.

Once the two dogs had taken the ice cream they went away trying to forget that embarrassing moment by eating the ice cream.

"Hey Skye and Chase" Said a voice behind them.

Skye and Chase turned and faced Zuma and Ella. "What do you do on the seafront, alone, sitting next to each other" These questions made Skye nervous. "We were just eating a ice cream, Zuma" Skye said whit a serious tone.

"Yes sure" Replied whit sarcasm. Ella saw Skye very nervous and slapped Zuma on the shoulder to tell him to finish the conversation.

In another part of Naples, near the historic center, there were Rocky and Liberty chatting sitting on a bench at a fountain.

"This sweet is delicious, I wish there were some sweets like that in Adventure City" Liberty said finishing her babà. 

"This place is a lot louder than Adventure Bay" Said Rocky trying to start a conversation.

Liberty figured out what Rockye wanted to do, so he answered the question. "Yes of course Rocky, we are in a city. Adventure City type but with the addition of many centuries of history"

"How do you spend your days in Adventure City?" Asked Rocky.

"I help people who will have to go to me, I go around for recreation and stress for the mind but then nothing" Explained Liberty. "It would be great if there was someone with me, one day I will find my ideal puppy" Said Liberty looking at Rocky.

"Maybe you will find it" I two dogs getting closer and closer. "Oh you believe, because maybe I have already found it" At this their faces point almost to touch. "I know Liberty, and you've got it in front of you" Their mouths were inches away when...

To be continued

|By -The Empereor-|