Chapter 11

"It must have been a trauma for him. Losing his siblings and his parents." Skye said watching Marshall laugh at a joke.

"I know, he never fully recovered from the loss of his parents." Chase said looking down at his paws.

"So is that why Marshall became a firefighter pup?" Skye asked at Chase.

"Yes, from the early days he trained to become a great firefighter. Ryder and I think it's to make his family proud." 

"I'm happy for him, he's a good firefighter."Said Skye. Chase gave a weak growl. "Am I not a good cop to her?" Chase thinked.

"Chase are you okay?" Skye said looking at Chase.

"Yes, im fine" He said out of his thoughts.

The pups and the three humans arrive at the top of the volcano after a long hike, Ryder gives everyone time to rest and visit the area.

"This crater is really big." Tracker said in amazement at the size. It is not every day that you see a volcano up close, and above all a crater of a volcano. 

"You're right Tracker,  is very big." Zuma he said looking at the bottom of the crater.

The crater of Vesuvius, which is located on the top of 'Il Gran Cono', has a diameter of 450 meters. Vesuvius is currently in a quiescent state (Means it is not active but it is not extinguished either, so it can erupt suddenly). 

"Cap'n Turbot, do you know why the crater is covered?" Rubble asked looking intently at crater.

"Yeah, usually the craters of volcanoes are empty, why this not is empty?" Rocky said. 
Rocky knew that volcanoes had an open crater but this didn't. All the pups are now wondering the same thing.

 "The crater is covered because the materials erupted by the volcano in 1944 covered it." 
Ryder and Katie smiled because they knew the pups were now a little confused.

The pups started asking some questions to the Captain to understand better. But Cap'n Turbot answered the questions quickly and avoided confusion.

Ryder thanked the Captain for avoiding too much confusion. The biggest fear for Ryder and Katie is that puppies can annoy tourists.

The time to rest was passing, the PAW Patrol took pictures of the landscape but also of them.
Chase, Skye and Everest spent as long as possible with Marshall. In order not to panic, they talked about what they were going to do on this long vacation.

The other puppies talked about other topics. Rubble, Tuck and Tracker talked about a burning issue, Rocky and Liberty talked about Vesuvius and finally Zuma and Ella talked about the possible couples that can be formed.

"Too bad that in this place there is not even a mountain covered with snow, in this heat it would be useful." Everest said lying on the ground and breathing heavily.

"Do you want to go get some water?" Chase asked at the Everest and Marshall.

"Yes, you don't know how much I need it." Everest said getting up and then walking towards a shop.

Soon after, Chase, Skye and Marshall reached Everest and bought a few bottles of water. 
Ryder who was near the crater called the pups and told them to join him because it was time to get off the volcano.

"Is it already time to get off?" Liberty said not wanting to leave.

"Don't worry Liberty, there will be many other places to visit." Rocky said making the two smile. They had feelings but did not have the courage to express them, even though they were almost kissed.