04

Ch 4 :) (btw thanks for 100+reads on this story! It means a lot ^^ )

〔04〕
『A demon wielding a sword』

--------------------~•~★~•~--------------------------

Previously

Suddenly Tanjiro wielded the sword and breathed in. He dashed forward and sliced the scarecrows head. Urokodaki-san looked stunned. I was too! A demon could perform breathing styles!? And his moves it looked familiar...wait I recognise it! It's....

'Hinokami kagura'

.........................................................................

Current

Me and Urokodaki-san looked at Tanjiro is pure shock. "WHAT!?" I screamed in shock. I mean can you blame me? THAT WAS AN ONI WIELDING A SWORD PERFORMING A BREATHING TECHNIQUE!! I took a deep breath to calm myself. "Urokodaki-san?" I asked Urokodaki-san. "Hm?" He hummed in response. "Is this possible for an oni to wield a sword and perform breathing techniques?" I inquired him.

"Yes, I read on of the water Hashira's journal from the Sengoku era that the Uppermoon 1 is rumored to be demon slayer turned into a demon.." He told me. "Uplermoon 1 was a.... demon slayer?" I asked ."Yes, it's also rumored that he still uses his katana." He continued. My mind was processing alot of things. "But I don't know what breathing techniques that is..." Urokodaki-san said disappointed. "I think I know." I told Urokodaki-san. "It looks like the kagura my family performed, Hinokami Kagura, the dance of the fire god. Maybe he created a breathing style from it?" I basically ranted.

"What's this hinokami kagura?" Urokodaki-san asked. "Uhm I heard this from my grandmother, it's a kagura performed by my ancestors since the sengoku era, it's passed down to the oldest son of the family along with those Hanafuda earings for generations ." I explained pointing at Tanjiro's earing that was passed down to him by our father before he passed away.

Urokodaki-san nodded. "Well Tanjiro keep up the good work." Urodaki-san pated Tanjiro's head. "Mhm hm!" He looked joyful. I smiled looking at my brother being so happy, like the old days.... with the thought of that something came flushing back to me 'Kibutsuji Muzan...' at the thought of that, rage filled my blood. "Nezuko are you feeling alright?" Urokodaki-san asked me with hint of worry in his tone. "Ah I am just tired I think" I gave them a smile, which was obviously fake one but Urokodaki-san did not argue and told me to get some rest as he dissappear into the mountains.

"Tanjiro go in, I will come in a minute!" I told Tanjiro as I picked up our swords, he did as he was told. 'Kibutsuji Muzan, I will make sure that you die in the most horrifying and painful way possible.' I thought, 'I'll make sure every demon who hurted humans to perish, no one will get my mercy' I gripped my katana is rage, it has been a year and I still haven't slayed one single demon. This demon slayer thing is totally making me a bloodlust psychopath and it also doesn't make it better that my breathing technique also makes the demon's die with poison and fire inside their blood. Then Tanjiro came and hugged me from behind. "Mhm mhmhhn!!!" He tried to tell me something. I finally came to my senses, the sun had already set. I took Tanjiro's hand and went inside. Yes I was totally becoming a psychopath.

The next day

Urokodaki-san was now guiding me to inside of the mountain. Soon we reached our destination which was a big boulder. "You're now at the last stage of your training Kamado Nezuko, in order to prove you are worthy of becoming a demom slayer, you need to cut this boulder in half." Urodaki-san instructed me. I gulped, I had no faith in me.

Timeskip: 6 months

It has been 6 month and I still haven't manage to cut throught the rock! It's has been a year and a half and I am still not good enough! Tanjiro has also improved, he maybe more skilled than anyone and I am proud. "UGH!" I again failed. "Weak." I heard someone say. "Huh?" I turned around to see a boy around my age with a kitsune mask with a scar on the cheek. He had peach coloured messey hair. "Don't be so harsh on her." A girl then appeared beside the  boy, she also had a kitsune mask but it had flowers on them. "It has been a year and half and she can't even cut the boulder in no time and also her moves are rusty and her
breathing style is also weak." The boy told the girl. 'Ouch' I thought. I noticed he was holding a wooden sword. "Let's see if you are really worthy of being a demon slayer!" The boy lunged forward in my direction. I try blocked it but I was too late and I got hit and fell down. "You'll be able to cut throught the rock when you'll beat me!" The boy declared and disappeared. "Are you alright?" The girl asked me. I sat up quickly. "Did you see how cool he was!" I was excited to see his moves. The girl chuckled. "Well Sabito always has been a show off." She said. "Oh we did not introduce ourselves right? I'm Makomo and that was Sabito. Nice to meet you Nezuko!" She introduced herself and the boy. "How do you know my name?" I asked. "We have been watching you for the past year and a half, ofcourse we know your name." She said with a cheery smile. She then started to help me, she also pointed out the places where I was lacking and thelped me to adjust my unnecessary moves and personal habits. This girl...was...really mysterious, both Sabito and her wore kistune makes but she said they were not reacted in anyway and were just friend. She also told me something that left me thinking what she meant. "There are other children too. They have been watching you Nezuko." These were the words. She also told me about concentrated breathing which ofcouse flew over my head and refused to enter my brain.

"Do your best for training Nezuko" she told me with a soft smile.

....

"If you can beat me today, you'll finally able to break the boulder which you put a year's effort in." Sabito said.

Timeskip: 6 months. The day Nezuko will fight Sabito.

I smiled. "Let's begin the fun." I rushed forward and he blocked me.

After 1 hour...

I was beaten, I lugged forward, if I can't beat him with this strike, well my career as a demon slayer is doomed. Either this is it or it was all for nothing. I swung my sword at him which broke his mask. I stood there with my mouth wide open. I finally got strike on him! I also saw his face, he had a small smile and his eyes looked so kind. "Well done Kamado Nezuko, you finally became worthy of a demon slayer." Then with a blink of and eye both Sabito and Makomo dissappeared. And I saw the boulder was in half. "U-Urokodaki-san I did it!" I told Urokodaki-san when I brought him to show him the boulder. "You did well Nezuko." He patted my head. "Remember Nezuko, this old man and your brother will be waiting for you." I was confused by what he said then I understood what he meant...

The final selection...

----------------------~•~×~•~--------------------------
~•~CH:-Five: END~•~

Hmmm does the ending count as a cliffhanger? I don't think so .... anyway thanks for reading! BTW Happy pride month 🏳️‍🌈! Peace out ✌.
Edit: sorry for the short ch, oh oh and also today's my b day. Yay! Anyways thx for reading and once again happy pride month 🏳️‍🌈! OH AND THANKS FOR 1K+ READS <3