Chapter 39

A week has passed since Mr. Minatozaki's passing and Y/N is having a very hard time right now. She misses him extremely and she feels his absence every time she walks into MinSan. As expected Sana became the CEO after the board had a vote on who should become Mr. Minatozaki's replacement. The man also said that if something happens to him, the company should be left to his family. Since Sana is his only child, it's only natural for her to become the CEO.

She hasn't come to the company yet so Y/N doesn't know how Sana will deal with all of this. In all honesty Y/N doesn't think that she'll be able to lead the company as well as her dad. The man tried to teach his daughter the ins and outs of the business but she never actually listened. So yes, Y/N is worried about what will happen to MinSan. She doesn't want Mr. Minatozaki's efforts to go to waste. He deserves to be remembered as the man who build up MinSan.

Even though Y/N isn't dealing with this very well, she's receiving great support from her family, Mina and Bona. They check up on her regularly and her sisters even joined her to the funeral. At times like these, Y/N remembers how precious her family actually is to her. As you would expected, Jihyo isn't part of the people that are supporting her. The woman left for a business trip a week ago and she came back two days ago. She only asked Y/N once if she was okay and after that she just basically ignored Y/N's feelings. Y/N is starting to get tired of Jihyo's acting. If this would have happened five years ago, Jihyo would have been by her side 24/7, comforting her and asking her if she's okay to the point Y/N would get annoyed because she's asking it too many times. Now Y/N actually wishes that Jihyo would do that.

How come Jihyo changed so much? Did she fall out of love with Y/N? Is she getting bored of her responsibilities as a wife? Y/N has asked her this a few times, but Jihyo refuses to answer why she keeps being like this. Y/N is afraid that she won't be able to deal with her anymore. She's tired of being the only one that's trying to keep the family together.

Y/N walked into the company with a broken heart knowing that there won't be a smiling CEO waiting for her. The place was really quiet and everyone was just doing their own thing.

"Mrs. Lee? Can I talk to you?" An employee that works in her department approached her.

"Something wrong?"

"Something is very wrong." The guy nodded.

"Let's talk in my office." Y/N stated and the two went into her office. "What's going on?"

"I got fired today."

"Wait, what? Why?" Y/N furrowed her eyebrows. He's the best employee in the sales department so it doesn't make sense.

"I'm sure you heard that Sana became the CEO."

"I did." Y/N nodded.

"Well, as soon as she came today she fired me. She never liked me so the moment she got that power she just fires me."

"That's really messed up but I'm not surprised."

"She didn't just fire me." The guy shook his head. "She fired around 50 people. Including three other people from our department."

"50 people?" The manager raised her eyebrows. "She can't do that, can she? Where will she find 50 new employees this fast? Besides there's only 8 of us anyways, there's no way we can get all the work done with just four people."

"She can do whatever she wants now. She basically fired everyone that she doesn't like."

"I believe I'm the next target then." Y/N sighed.

"You need to do something. I don't know who else to go to but I do know you have a say in this company. I need to take care of my family, without my job I won't be able to that. The same thing goes for all the other employees."