Precious Baby Girl

I knew when I broke through Ashlynne's telepathic bubble. I could feel the lost connection, but couldn't help but be relieved that there was no chance my siblings would feel the pain I was in. I stopped running about 15 miles from the house. This was close enough that if Ash or Chris screamed for help I could hear them.

I sank down against a tree and slumped my shoulders. I was a failure. An utter and complete dissapointment. I never stopped hurting the ones I loved. I really was a monster and the worst kind. The kind of monster that you don't know is a monster. the kind you trust, had complete faith in. Those kids trusted me and I blew it. I was the one stable thing in their lives, the unwavering force that they could lean on. And then I messed everything up by breaking down. I was so selfish!

I'm sorry, mom. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry that I couldn't raise them the way you did. I'm sorry that I couldn't stay strong. I'm sorry I couldn't sacrifise the way you did. You gave up your life. You offered the greatest sacrifice for us. And I couldn't even stay strong.Look at me now, mom. Are you proud of your "precious baby girl?"

A dry sob escaped me. Shut up! I though to myself. Don't you dare feel sorry for yourself! You deserve no pity you monster! You have no right to-Suddenly I was snapped out of my thoughts and in a defensive crouch. I had no idea what was happening, but it felt instinctual, as if I naturally knew that I had to defend myself... but... from what? My eyes snapped to the left as I heard a growl, then several pairs of dark eyes appeared through the thick bushes.

I jumped up as a huge wolf jumped forward and snapped at me. They're just animals! My mind screamed at me, yet I seemed to naturally sense that they were a threat to me. That I did not have the upper hand.I jumped about 20 feet up and grabbed a branch. Pushing my body forward, I began leaping from tree to tree. the wolves below me were jumping at me, jaws snapping. I hisses but kept moving.

Then, I felt jaws lock around the bottom of my pants. As the giant wolf pulled down, my pants slipped a few inches.My only thought was Oh Crap as I almost plummeted to the ground. Gripping the branch so tight I almost expected it to turn to sawdust, I kept moving.

I cursed myself for wearing bright pink underwear. I knew it was visible. When I was younger, it used to be a horrible nightmare if mine that I would show up at school without pants. The odd thing was, I wasn't at school, and there were no people here, just wolves... so why did I feel so embarrased?That embarrasment dissapeared as a wolf grabbed my shoe and yanked me down.

I hit the ground hard, and before I had time to summon fire, or even get back on my feet, the huge animal pounced on me. I pushed it off of me, and jumped up, tyring to run.Usually, I would have been gone, but those few inches that my pants had fallen slowed me down big time. One of the wolves grabbed the back of my short and twisted me to the ground. The animal pinned me.

I struggled beneath him, punching, bucking, kicking, snapping, but no effect. I felt teeth sink in to my arm, and bit my lip to keep from crying out in pain.I ground my teeth together hard, refusing to make a sound. I would not cry out. I would not beg, and I would not scream. I would stare in to the beast's eyes, never making a sound, or a whimper of pain.

Because as the animal tore me to shreds, in my own way, I would be undefeated.