Chapter 22

Sorry for the late update 😅😐

-------------------------------

ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 22

꧁𝕋𝕒𝕒𝕣𝕒'𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕍꧂

"I just started my highschool. That day there was some sudden meeting or something due to which the classes ended earlier. I got back home but the front door was already open and an unfamiliar pair of heels were placed near the front door. The pillows that used to be on the couch were lying on the floor as if it was dropped down carelessly. I heard some weird noises coming from my parent's room. I went upstairs to check what it was, I had a bad feeling but I brushed it off. The door of the room was slightly open, I peeped in through the gap. My dad and some unfamiliar lady were kissing each other, they were... I feel disgusted to even remember that. That exact moment I lost all the respect I had for him. He happened to see me and there was guilt written on his face. I was soon embraced by mom, she covered my eyes and tugged me to my room. I never saw my mother so much broken ever before but she managed to stay strong to provide comfort while I spent the whole night crying in my mother's embrace. The very next day we packed all our things, left that mansion and that man for good. My dad tried to stop us but he never apologized. He felt bad that we saw all that but he never even once felt guilty about cheating on my mom."

"Soon they were divorced, I stayed with my mom because I hate him and he married that woman and became a step father to her son. Never even once he came to see me or ask how I am doing not like I would have appreciated it but still..." I couldn't hold back anymore, I started sobbing very bad. Rohan kept whispering 'its okay's and 'you have me's but it felt as if someone reopened my wounds. This was the very reason I hated that woman with my whole existence.

Rohan did his best to console me and without realizing I already fell into a deep slumber.

꧁ℝ𝕠𝕙𝕒𝕟'𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕍꧂

Now I clearly understand why she was so much reluctant about getting into a relationship. Her parents had a love marriage but still ended up like this, it's understandable that she had zero faith in relationships, married life etc. But I can see she's changing, she has given me her trust and I will make sure it never brakes.

I have always had everything served on a golden plate. My parents got me whatever I wanted. I was kind of a spoiled brat but Taara, she never got any chance to get spoiled. Her mother once told me that she was a very understanding kid, she had no tantrums or demands. Even after being an obedient kid she never got the love and happiness she deserved. Even though her mom tried hard there was still that emptiness that was occupied by some terrible memories.

I promised myself to never upset her and welcomed my sleep holding my wife in my arms.

🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿

Days had passed since they embarked on a new chapter of their life. Life seemed to be much brighter and happier to them. After sharing days and nights under the same roof with love and mutual respect they had grown much closer. Their bond looked so strong that even Rhea sulked about Taara prioritizing Rohan over her. Nonetheless she was happy for her friend and also for her brother even though she would never admit that. Since Rohan had completed his MBA, he was expected to takeover his family business as the new CEO while Taara wanted to continue her studies and chose to enroll in a PG course.

🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿

"TAARA, MY WATCH IS MISSING!!" Rohan screamed from the room.

"IT'LL BE THERE IN THE SECOND DRAWER ON THE RIGHT SIDE." Taara shouted back from the kitchen. She was busy making the breakfast.