𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗶𝗳𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗲

IT WAS A FEW HOURS AFTER Y/N'S
shift. Her legs gave in on her as she entered her house and slumped onto her couch. She didn't dare get up, but instead allowed her eyes to flutter close.

Usually she wasn't so tired from a day of work, but Mera was sick. Meaning, she wasn't in work. That meant Y/N was left with all her work, which was double what she usually did. Her arms repeatedly sweeping aisles and stocking shelves, her mental capacity to handle middle aged women yelling at her for something she couldn't even control was definitely broken.

How do people even have the courage to yell at a teenager just trying to earn a bit of money for themselves?

Especially if they don't even know what the other is going through.

Y/N slightly opened her eyes to see a bottle of Italian red wine her mother or father had left out on the counter. They weren't home, like usual. Either working or out on another date. Y/N did believe their over affection for one another was... cringe. However, she knew hypocrisy would bite her in the ass when she felt the same way when she was older.

Or practically now.

Her short/long legs scrapped themselves towards the counter, as she furrowed her eyebrows at the bottle. Her intention was to put it away, but after catching a glimpse of her ring, she had other ideas. She gently took of the ring, placing it on the counter.
Slowly, her fingertips clutched the cabinet door to reveal a myriad of glasses, to which Y/N picked one particular wine glass that was decorated with pink sequins on the base.

It was her mother's glass.

Y/N grabbed a cork screw from her drawer and began to open the bottle of wine. Gently, she watched as the velvet scarlet liquid poured into her cup. It reminded her of blood. Y/N grabbed the base of the glass, the giant bottle in her hand still. She swilled the concoction slightly, before leaning down against the cabinet, sitting on the floor.

She placed the bottle next to her legs, before taking a sip from the wine. It was bitter. Y/N hated it, but she took another sip. Why was she doing this, you may be questioning.

'If Kusuo Saiki is a psychic, he will stop me from getting absolutely bladdered.'

Y/N thought as she downed the rest of the glass of wine. Her eyebrows furrowed and her mouth curved into a frown. The taste wasn't something to love but she was trying to prove a point.

Y/N grabbed the bottle, only to find the bottle had disappeared. Her chest let out a husky sigh, Y/N's (e/c) pupils dilating slightly. Even though her experiment worked, she still believed in another hypothesis:

'I am going insane.'

Y/N felt her consciousness slip slightly, and a warmth overcome her. Two arms wrapped around her body like vines on an old cottage. Tightly. Almost if the arms couldn't bare to even let her go. Y/N attempted to see who it was, but her vision was blurry. A wet feeling emerged from her cheek.

Was she crying?

Y/N attempted to brush her cheek, in order to confirm, but alas one of the same arms, that was wrapped around her, moved her hand back to her side with ease. She had a feeling who it was, but she didn't want to get her hopes up.

The familiar feeling of her bed made her feel a little more relaxed. Her body snuggled into the sheets, as she felt the covers wrap around her. She allowed her eyes to flutter close once more, exhaling slightly through her nose. Her chest slowly bounced up and down as she breathed, but she was still very conscious of her senses.

A warmth feeling on her forehead. Not like a fever, but more like something warm had been pressed on her temple. It sent butterflies down her stomach, and her cheeks felt warmer. Almost like a kiss from a god, she felt enlightened.

Was it a message? Was it a sign? Y/N did not know.

'Stop over working yourself.' a stern voice played inside her head. Now she was sure of the messenger, her mouth curved further into a smile. Flashes of pink and green displayed in her mind as her dreamy state began to overtake her.

Meanwhile, the ghost who saved her quietly left without another word, and to which Y/N felt utterly thankful for.