𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗶𝗳𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗸𝗮𝗿𝗺𝗮

SOMETHING FELT DIFFERENT ABOUT
the letter Kusuo received. In fact, everything felt different today.

For some odd reason, his friend Kaido was earning a lot of attention from the girls in his school. During the weekend, he had managed to 'save' a girl from a vicious dog who surely must have had rabies.

'The poor thing.' Y/N thought as Kaido repeated the story. Kusuo furrowed his eyebrows in his seat, noticing how Y/N didn't have her ring on. It had been a while since he had heard her thoughts.

Y/N felt her stare linger onto Kusuo, her brain malfunctioning. She kept repeating the nursery rhyme of 'pop goes the weasel', in an attempt for him to not read her mind. She knew it was certain after the events of last night: he was a psychic.

Did he know about the letters? She wondered to herself. Talking about letters, Kusuo gently opened the letter on his desk, as he usually did.

'Hello Saiki!
The Christmas holidays are coming up, meaning I will not be able to give you letters. ˇ︿ˇ
However!! This doesn't mean I won't be giving you your christmas gift!!

Not today though, you'll have to be patient antennas!

I hope you're having a great day, Saiki. Seeing you everyday makes me smile, and you have no idea how excited I get when I see you read my letters. (Theres your hint if it wasn't obvious (•̀-) )

Happy Holidays!
Mysterious Messenger ♡︎'

Kusuo looked around the room, noticing Y/N place the ring quickly on her finger and exhale in relief. Something was definitely up with her. But he couldn't figure it out: not with her thoughts being blocked.

He gently took out the small keychain of a rain cloud from the letter, inspecting it slightly. What was it supposed to mean? He had no idea. Nevertheless, he didn't hesitate to clip the keychain on his bag, in hopes to blend in more with those who also had keychains on their bag.

He wasn't shocked that Y/N had a million keychains on her bag.

What did shock him though, was Teruhashi walking up to her desk.
"L/N-San!!" she beamed, giving her a warm smile. Y/N looked up at her, a twinkle in her eye disappearing, which was noticed by a pink haired boy nearby.
"Teruhashi. Can I help you?" Y/N asked, her voice monotone, unlike her usual bubbly attitude.

"I was wondering if you wanted to sit with me at lunch?" Teruhashi asked, a large grin on her white face. She gently played with her raven hair, with her other hand brushing Y/N's desk.
"Uhm," Y/N looked over at Yumehara and Mera who were showing each other pictures. "Usually I sit with Chiyo and Chisato." Y/N explained, shrugging her shoulders.

The blue haired girl stared in the direction of the two girls, before chuckling.
"Oh! Then I'll just sit with youse then!" she beamed before walking away. Y/N sat in her chair, a confused look on her face. Suddenly, a relatively handsome looking boy walked in front of Y/N.
"L/N! What was Teruhashi asking you?" he asked, his eyes widened.

Y/N felt her cheeks heat up at the embarrassment of someone talking to her that she wasn't close with.
"Uhm, she was asking if I could sit with her at lunch." Y/N explained, not making eye contact.
"That's amazing! You must be really cool if Teruhashi wants to hang out with you." the boy beamed, showing a toothy grin.

Kusuo glared daggers into the boy's head as he leaned close to Y/N, an obvious smirk on the boy's face.
"What are you up to later? I was thinking we could-"
"I'm not interested." Y/N stated plainly, staring directly into the boy's eyes. He gulped before standing up straight.
"Oh, you taken or something?" he asked raising a brow.

"No," Y/N commented as she grabbed her things, standing out of her seat. He watched her with a confused look on his face.
"Well, there has to be someone you're crushing on." he stepped in front of her. Y/N felt her breath hitch and her cheeks warm.
"Even if I do, it's none of your business." she pushed his shoulder before walking towards her best friends, who were waving at her from the corner of the room.

The boy sighed before walking back to his seat. He let out a shriek once he realised someone had spilt PVA glue all over his items. The whole class began to laugh at him, meanwhile Y/N widened her eyes. Her (e/c) pupils trailed to Kusuo, who had a subtle smirk on his lips.

'Karma is a bitch' Y/N thought to herself, replicating the smirk Kusuo had on his lips. 'This is why you should mind your own business people, the nosy prick.'

Y/N hummed smiling to herself before sitting next to her friends. They were laughing at the situation as well, almost falling off their seats when the boy started to yell even more in embarrassment.
'Thank you, Kusuo Saiki.'