•4•

Earth Kills (3,2)

Tyra could tell Bellamy was fighting off joining Charlotte in his own dreamland, it was obvious by how his eyes kept dropping before refocusing on her.

Even though they had called a truce, just her presence seemed enough of a threat for Tyra to be the sole purpose as to why Bellamy fought off sleep itself.

But Tyra didn't pay him much mind, as long as he was unarmed, Tyra was near positive the most he could do to her was leave some part of her body bruised by a decent punch.

Tyra was more preoccupied by Charlotte's sudden squirming behind Bellamy's head. Her eyes tightening in their shut position, her arms, and legs squirming beneath the jacket.

"No!" Charlotte's scream was so sudden it made Bellamy jump awake once more, crawling away from the girl to be able to peak at her properly.

Carefully, he shook Charlotte awake. "Charlotte, wake up." The young girl sat up with a start, panting while clinging onto the jacket she had been using as a blanket.

Tyra knew that panicked and haunted look too well. She had had nightmares from a very young age, the sight of her dead family haunting her every dream as the main characters.

"I'm sorry." Charlotte whispered while wiping the fallen tears with the back of her hand.

Tyra held a certain sympathy for the girl, nightmares were never a light topic or act to suffer from. It was a living hell you had to endure and never knew how to stop.

"It is alright, Charlotte." She didn't look up from her hands, but she definitely heard Tyra's words.

And though they brought little comfort, it was more emotion than what the warrior was used to displaying.

"Does it happen often?" Charlotte didn't reply, only staring at Bellamy briefly before looking down once more. That was answer enough for the fact that nightmares were a recurring occurrence for the girl.

"What are you scared of?" Charlotte didn't reply to Bellamy, looking between him, her hands, and Tyra. Mostly lingering on Tyra.

It was obvious enough the girl was scared of Tyra's people, they weren't the most friendly and hadn't greeted them with open arms after all.

Tyra didn't take it personally.

"You know what? It doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is what you do about it." Tyra scanned Bellamy over, he seemed to know what he was doing when it came to Charlotte.

He was used to being an older brother or paternal figure Tyra guessed.

"But... I'm asleep." Bellamy shrugged, as if being asleep was just a small hindrance that could easily be taken over.

"Fears are fears. Slay your demons when you're awake, they won't be there to get you when you sleep."

"Yeah, but... how?" Tyra knew Charlotte's current feelings of hope. Having hope that she could sleep without waking up less rested than before, and terrified beyond belief.

Tyra had long since given up on that hope.

"You can't afford to be weak. Down here, weakness is death, fear is death..."

"He is right," Charlotte met Tyra eyes, the charcoal around her eyes making her face near blend with the shadows. "Strength is needed to survive."

Bellamy seemed surprised that Tyra was agreeing with him, or even helping comfort poor Charlotte's fears.

From his first impression of Tyra, he believed she'd be just like the grounder who strung up Jasper to a tree, leaving him to die. Bellamy thought she was going to do the same thing to him and Charlotte.