Chapter 6: The Questioning

Dorian walks out of the alley, silently celebrating on the inside that he escaped an agile seventeen-year-old who was bloodthirstily chasing after him. Dorian is left disoriented by what just happened. Why was he running after me? What did he want? Dorian scoffed. Much as he is a curious one, he didn't want to find out. He had better things to attend to.

Dorian lingered for a couple more seconds before suddenly a powerful force hit him from the right. The impact was so hard it made him collapse on the road head-first. Before he is knocked out, he swore he heard the sound of a tire screeching after he was hit, like a car intensely stopping.

Swift's mouth was left agape by the sight of a baby blue colored sedan ramming Dorian by his side. It looked lethal, but Swift is thankful Dorian was still moving even after taking such a hit from a car. Swift is even more surprised when he sees the driver walk out of the car. It was Tom. Tom was the one driving.

Tom stepped out of the car, breathing heavily. "Always look both ways when crossing the street, pal." He said to the stunned Dorian who lay down on his back.

Swift finally rose and walked to Tom. "What the hell?! Were you trying to kill him?!" He asks.

"That was as slow as I could!" Tom says, the two of them start bickering.

"Slow? Seriously? Was this where you've been all this time?"

"We needed a getaway anyway! Besides, Allison's too stupid to not give us a ride!"

Allison heard Tom's complaint from her earpiece. "I heard that!" She replied through both Swift and Tom's respective earpieces.

As much as how angry Swift is at Tom for almost accidentally killing their only lead, he appreciated the fact that Tom hung back to get them both a getaway ride. Swift only thought about catching Dorian and nothing else, he should've prepared more carefully. But, that's why he brought Tom along on the journey. Just like he always does, he is supportive of everything they've been through together, and that is exactly why Swift considers Tom to be a valuable partner.

Swift nodded in approval, "Well... Nice work, Thomas." His praise made Tom smile.

"So what do we do now?" Tom asked.

"What Al told us to do: Bring this guy in for questioning. See what he knows. And I really hope this guy's the one." Swift isn't joking. He genuinely wants to believe that Dorian is their final target as the mastermind of the arms dealing operation, and that is it.

Before standing over Dorian, Tom opened the backseat door. "Alright. Help me out with this guy." Tom says to Swift who approaches Dorian's unconscious body. It's dumb luck that the streets were empty when the incident happened. If it didn't, people would've crowded them and flooded them with questions, maybe one would even call an ambulance to rescue Dorian. It is such a miracle that there is not a single soul present in the area.

"Ready?" Swift says, grabbing Dorian's arms while Tom gripped his legs, ready to lift Dorian. "One, two... three!" When Swift ended his countdown, he already pulled Dorian's arms while Tom pulled the legs with all of their strength, suspending him above the floor. The two of them tried as fast as they can lift Dorian into the car's backseat before anyone decides to show up. They put him into the car head-first. Swift moved aside, allowing Tom to throw the rest of Dorian's body in the backseat. Now finished, Swift walks into the driver's seat, with Tom in the seat next to him.

"Wait," Swift placed one step into the car floor. "Where'd you find this thing?"

Tom's eyes suddenly scattered, in an attempt to make an excuse but nothing came up in his mind. "I found it." He smirked anxiously. It's fairly obvious that Tom stole it.