Chapter 13: Unexpected Encounter(s)

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the most glamorous event of the season! It's time to sit back, relax, and prepare to be blown away by the stunning and innovative designs of our talented designers,"

While struggling to climb up to the window, Swift and Tom overhear the master of ceremony speaking into his mic. Sounds like the show's about to start. If it wasn't for Swift's help, Tom would most definitely be having problems with what to do to get to the open window. It took Tom some of his friend's words of encouragement, but he followed exactly what Swift did to ascend the wall. First, they went up by climbing a wall pipe in the corner by gripping both sides, already rendering their palms red. Then, they shimmied across a thin ledge yet wide enough for them to step on and walk across towards the window. Last but not least, the final step is to jump up to the window, which could be hard for them if they couldn't maintain their balance.

"We have gathered some of the most talented and creative designers in the industry to showcase their amazing collections tonight. Each piece is a unique work of art that combines style, craftsmanship, and creativity to create a truly unforgettable fashion experience," Swift hears the MC speak again as he successfully reaches the bottom of the window, and with all of his strength he pulls himself up, and he falls on one of the stairwell's platforms.

"Tonight's show is all about pushing boundaries and breaking free from convention. Our designers have brought their unique perspectives and visions to the runway, and you are in for a real treat. From bold and daring looks to timeless classics with a modern twist, there is something for everyone here tonight,"

"Come on! I'll pull you up!" Swift puts his hand down towards Tom who's still frozen on the ledge. Tom then pushes himself up using his leg, and reaches for Swift's hand which he grabs, leading to Swift pulling him up. Once Tom lands on the stairwell platform, both of them lose balance, and they lay on the floor for a couple of seconds.

"You good?" Swift asks, and Tom answers by nodding. "Your gun didn't fall, didn't it?" He asks again, and Tom shakes his head at that. "Good... Now, let's roll."

"So sit back, relax, and get ready to be amazed as we take you on a journey through the world of fashion. We hope you enjoy the show and leave feeling inspired and excited about the future of fashion. Without further ado, let the show begin!" The master of ceremony announces, followed by the audience clapping. Meanwhile, Swift and Tom keep on ascending the stairwell, and the next thing they know, loud music starts playing once the show starts.

"Where is he, Carter? Tell me he's on the second floor."

"Hang on, hang on..." Carter rolls through the camera feeds at a fast pace before he spots Matt walking down a room. "Aha! Top floor! The VIP lounge."

"Which is?" Swift asks while he's still walking up the stairs along with Tom.

"Just two more levels. I can see you." Carter changes the feed to the south stairwell, where he sees the two. One minute later, they find themselves almost arriving in front of a door at the very top of the stairwell. But before they could open the door, Carter speaks up.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. You can't just waltz in there."

"Why not? We'll blend in with the other VIPs." Swift says, his hand inches away from the handle.

"That's the thing, you idiot. There are no 'other VIPs.'" Hearing Carter's news, Swift stops his hand, almost along with his heart. He was this close to accidentally walking into enemy territory, but he's thankful Carter is his eyes and ears.

"Who's inside?" Swift asks.

Carter zooms into a camera feed of the VIP lounge, "Let's see: Several guards, Matt and his goons, Morello and his goons-"