Chapter 1

Crystal's POV

"But Laura I don't want to do this and you can't deny that you don't want to either." I said as she put another suitcase into the moving truck.

"I completely understand Crystie, and yes I know, I don't want to move away as much as you do." She said, as she adjusted the suitcase.

"Ready to go girls?" Laura's dad called out to us.

"Just a minute" I said, before running back to my house to check if I got everything and loaded into my family's moving truck.

"Got everything." I said to the group, and we both got into the individual moving trucks with our parents.

Lmao by now you would be super confused with what is going on. Well, let me introduce myself first. My name's Crystal and I'm 17 years old. I was born and grew up in San Diego, but as you can see my family and I are going to move to Los Angeles. Thing is that we're not moving alone. My best friend Laura and her family are also going to move to Los Angeles.

Why, you ask?

Well, we have been tight friends since childhood. Not to mention that our parents have also been best friends since their childhood as well. Our parents all work in the same company and surprisingly they were all promoted to a higher position but the thing is that's in Los Angeles. So now Laura and I are about to say goodbye to 17 years of our lives and try to embrace a new one.

From San Diego to Los Angeles is almost 2 hours so Laura and I decided to watch kdramas on our phones for 2 hours straight and by the time we got there, we would have been able to discuss the shows as we would be unpacking for a while.

Lol did I forget to mention that we're gonna be neighbors again and that our birthdays are on the same day. Lmao I know the second one was completely irrelevant but not that I care😋.

Two hours pass by fast when you're watching kdrama. We arrived in Los Angeles sooner than I anticipated. Soon Laura and I were talking to each other on the phone while wearing bluetooths and getting our stuff inside. It took us a while but we managed to make it on time for dinner.

We decided that for our first night in Los Angeles, the entire family (including Laura's) would go out for dinner at a new restaurant that opened. By the time we got there, we were all hungry. Now note that when I get way too hungry, I don't need any zombie to bite me or eat my brain. I automatically turn into one and that's when you know "that all of us are dead".

When we went inside I was amazed at how big and spacious it was. It looked like those fancy restaurants where a meal would cost more than one's salary. But when checking the menu I felt a burden being lifted off my shoulders even though I wasn't gonna pay for the meal. Everything was for an affordable price and when the waiter came to us to get our order I felt a nudge in my arm.

I looked back and noticed Laura blushing a little. Aww, my baby is all grown up, look at her having love at first sight.

We ordered our food and Laura and I were engaged in a conversation. After a little while the same waiter, who made my lovesick girl blush, came with our food. He looked at Laura and winked at her, making the poor girl blush even more.

At least I have more ammunition for my teasing gun. hihi

After our delicious meal Laura and I went out to get some fresh air while waiting for the grown-ups to pay the bill so we could go home. I noticed Laura fidgeting with her fingers and she usually does that when she's in deep thought.

"What's wrong Laura?" I asked, starting to get a little worried.

"I'm confused about what I should do right now." she said, leaning her head on my shoulder.