Chapter 10

💐Crystal's POV💐

"What type of smoothie would you like?" The woman behind the counter asks as she types into the register.

"Chocolate banana for me" I say.

"Strawberry banana for me" Laura says.

"Coming right up" the woman says as we pay her and then go find a table to sit at.

Three days had passed and we were going to pick up our parents. We were so excited to finally meet them again that we skipped breakfast and made our way to the airport as soon as our alarm rang. Now you might be wondering how we got here when both Laura and I can't drive.

Elementary, my dear Watson. We got a cab to just take us there 'cause our parents already had their car parked somewhere in the parking lot.

Soon our names were called and we went to go get our drinks. As I sucked from the straw, I couldn't help but moan the yummy taste as it filled my mouth. Laura looks at me and smirks "Watch it, honey." she says and gets back to her drink. I raised an eyebrow, confused about what she meant. She notices and chuckles "Girl, sometimes I think that you're oblivious to the fact that you're a hot girl, and it's becoming quite a problem to any single guy here if you moan like that when you're just enjoying your drink" She says and takes another suck from her straw. I suddenly felt my cheeks warm at the thought of what she said. Not everyone indeed has pure thoughts and I probably wasn't helping much if I did so. So I quietly drank my smoothie and smiled at its yumminess.

Finally, our parents' plane landed and we waited for them to come out.

"Girls~" We heard our moms' voices and ran to hug them. It turned into a big family group hug. Our hug ended as we parted from each other's arms and started to make our way to the parking lot.

"How have you girls been?" Laura's dad asked.

"Not bad at all" I said and smiled.

"Oh my gosh, I honestly need sleep" My mom said.

"I agree, attending meetings, taking notes, and attending formal parties. I could sleep for ages" Laura's mom said. Honestly, even if they are in their mid-30s they still act like teenagers. I guess Laura and I were exactly spittin' images of them, we did get their personality.

We found the cars and Laura entered her car with her family, while I entered my family's car. It wasn't a long drive back and I managed to get there by lunchtime. Our parents were too tired from the trip and didn't have the strength to cook so Laura and I offered to do it.

I went to Laura's house to start cooking with Laura. While my parents went to our house to go and keep their luggage and freshen up a little, they would come by later. We decided to make pasta carbonara, a meal that every one of us liked and decided to have a little salad to the side just in case anyone was still a little hungry. I started to prepare the water for the pasta while Laura started to get her hands on the salad. The process was going well and we could actually smell the aroma of the carbonara.

"Hmmm, smells good in here" Laura's mom said as she leaned against the door. I could tell she was tired but her never-ending bright smile was still there.

"Yeah, I'm surprised you girl haven't burned the kitchen yet or even set the house on fire" My mom says, by now she was here and she was heading to get a glass from the cupboard.

Laura pretended to gasp "I am offended that you would like that about your daughters" Laura said and shook her head. "Honestly Laura, if a house were to burn down, then it would be because you were in the kitchen" I say and Laura playfully glares at me. "Geez, I thought you were my sis" She says as she stops cutting the vegetables and folds her arms, making me chuckle as I lean against the counter. "I never had a taste of your food growing up, besides when I was sick it was Lucas tha-" I stopped as I just realized what I just said.