Chapter 12

☂️Crystal's POV☂️

It was evening and it was rainy. It was Laura's and Rome's 1 year anniversary since they started dating. Being the sweet caring friend that I am. I didn't bother her as she had a date plan going on, I just stayed in my room and was just playing with my phone when it started to ring. It was Laura, probably wanting to check on how I was doing. I answered the phone and placed it on my ear.

"Hello?" I say and hear nothing.

"Hello?" I say again and still hear nothing.

"Laura, are you there? Are you okay?" I say starting to get a little worried by the silence.

That's when I heard Laura sobbing. I jumped out my bed and ran quickly to my closet and grabbed one of my oversized hoodies.

"Laura, where are you?" I say starting to panic as I quickly run down the stairs.

The sobbing became louder in my ear as I could also hear the rain in her surroundings. She's outside. I quickly grabbed an umbrella and without hesitation ran out of the house without even opening it.

"Laura, please answer me!" I say as my heart wouldn't stop pounding in my chest.

I heard her whisper park and ran all the way without taking a break to breathe. By now, it was raining harder and I found Laura sitting on one of the benches soaked, crying, and alone. I ran to her and hugged her. Laura hugged me back and cried on my shoulder.

"It's ok Laura, I'm here now" I say as I pat her back.

"Crystal h-h-"

"Shhh, it's alright" I say as I stop her, she cries harder and I worry that she could get sick from all this rain. She isn't wearing much just a T-shirt and a skirt. It was sunny in the day towards evening it started to rain and Laura left for her date around lunchtime.

I opened the umbrella and covered us with it, it was pretty big. I held Laura's hand and tried to help her up. But she was really weak and almost fell. I put her arm around my neck while I held her waist in one hand and the umbrella in the other.

I carefully helped her get back and brought her to my house as she wished. She didn't want to go to her house in this condition and worry her parents. My parents went to visit some family members and wouldn't be at home for a few of days. I helped her up the stairs and brought her to the guest room, She sat on the bed and I gave her a towel to dry herself while I dried myself with mine. When she was done drying herself, she just stared at the towel. There was no life in her eyes.

"Laura" I say and she broke from her trance and stared up at me her eyes tired, red, and puffy from crying. I walked to her and sat on the bed. I held her hand and put her head on my shoulder.

"When you want to talk, I will be here" I say but got no answer.

We just sat there staring at the window. watching the droplets slide down from the window and hearing the rain sound. After a while, I felt myself getting tired but snapped my eyes back open. I looked at Laura and saw that she had fallen asleep. I sighed and smiled. I undressed her and dressed her in one of my other oversized hoodies. I gave her the one that she liked most and laid her on the bed.

I tucked her in the bed with the blankets and went back to my room to change out of my wet clothes. I came back but only to find Laura tossing and turning in her bed with tears flowing down her face as she slept. I quickly grabbed a chair and sat next to her and grabbed her hand.

"It's okay Laura, I'm here" I say and see Laura stop crying and her face calms down. I sat by her and didn't know when I fell asleep. I woke up at the feeling of someone letting go of my hand and saw Laura staring back at me, her eyes were filled with only the emotion of sadness, as she was still laying down.