𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖: 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐉𝐚𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞

The girls left first

The girls left first. Then we left behind them. The kitten was sound asleep on my lap. His scent tickled my nose. This damn thing needs a bath.

"What the hell was that back there?" I asked Trayvon.

"What was what?" he asked, taking his eyes off the road for a split second before looking back.

"The whole spring break thing?"

"Oh."

"Oh, my ass, Treyvon."

"Don't you think it would be fun, though?"

"Hell. No."

Staying a week somewhere with Jasmine would drive me crazy. If I hadn't made it clear before she's annoying. I saw what Treyvon was trying to do. Forcing me to be in extreme proximity to Jasmine, so I recognize her as my mate. But that wasn't happening. I noticed that Imani has been calmer these days when I'm around Jasmine, which I can't stand. Because I can't tell my emotions from Imani.

"You won't keep that thing, are you?" Treyvon asked.

I looked down at the kitten.

"Yeah..."

He laughed, "Look at you already whooped by your mate."

"She isn't–Shut the fuck up and drive."

***

It was late when we got home. Close to three am. I made the kitten a cozy bed in the living room, but he kept following me around. My phone rings. The caller ID flashes my dad's picture.

"Hey," I said tiredly into the phone.

"Hey, sweet girl. Your mom said she had talked to you earlier. But she asked me to talk with you to see if you would come home for a visit."

I walked into my bathroom and turned on the light switch. "I told her I'dtry to make it home for a visit. It's just that school has been busy lately."

"Are you doing anything else besides school?"

"Dad, I'm tired."

"Okay, sweet girl. I know spring break is coming up. Maybe you can come then? Everyone in the pack misses you and Treyvon."

"I can't. We already have something planned for spring break."

"Dominic."

"Dad. It's not like I won't ever return to the pack. I know Mom is closer to stepping down as Alpha soon. I want my freedom now. Let me enjoy it while I can."

He sighs into the phone. "Okay, sweet girl. Sorry for calling so late. Get some rest."

"Night Dad."

"Night night."

After the call, I showered and do my other nightly routine. The kitten was outside the bathroom door crying. I wasn't sure if he was hungry or didn't want to be alone. Treyvon fell asleep on the sofa when I passed through the living room to go into the kitchen to get a bottle of water. I was scrolling through IG when a text notification popped up.