Edgerunner 2-3

When I called David my nephew, Katsuo and his gangs looked at me and David in great embarrassment.

"What's the matter with my nephew, scum?"

"Oh, I... nothing. Haha, then see you at class David."

"David graduated from the academy as of today." I said it with my strength and showed them David's diploma.

"...no way. This punk graduated?????"

Katsuo spoke in a bewildered tone. I turned my back on Katsuo and headed to my car with David.

*

(Third Person View)

In Adam Smasher's car, David was in the passenger seat.

"David, I have a present for you."

He handed David the iron bag that was placed in the back seat.

Inside the iron bag was David's diploma and a modified pistol. The pistol was very old, but it was very well maintained.

It was a really scary thing for a graduation present. Adam Smasher then opened his mouth.

"You will need a lot of money in the future. So I persuaded the principal of the academy to graduate you."

David asked Smasher.

"...why are you helping me so much?"

David really wondered why Adam Smasher was helping him so much.

It was incomprehensible to David that Adam allowed David to graduate from the academy and paid His mom's hospital bills.

Adam Smasher began to elaborate on the reason.

"...David, you know I'm the first and only successful full-body implant, right?"

"Yes..."

"I wondered why I was successful, and I found out why.

I have a special brainwave that only a few people don't have.

And I thought that not only I but also others would have the same brain waves as me."

"..."

"You have the same brain waves as me. You have that talent.

Of course you're not the only one who has it. Five people I know have the same brain waves as me. Do you know who they are?"

David thought. Soon there was a word in his head.

"...Ghost"

"That's correct."

Ghosts.

Soldiers who exist and don't exist. The name given to them was Ghost because they thought it was a ghost's act.

"I thought it was just a rumor..."

"Oh don't worry David, and I'm thinking of bringing you to Ghost."

The sudden remark confused David.

"...David. I used to be a soldier. Although I was discharged in disgrace before.

But I want to be a soldier again. Not for coperate, but for the safety of citizens and countries."

Adam Smasher looked back at David and talked.

"That pistol was the one I used before I became a cyborg. Now the owner of the gun is you."

*****

Adam Smasher's car stopped in front of David's house.

"David, do you want to be strong? Then be a solo. It's not as much a living legend, but be a solo equivalent. I will greet you in due course."

"...Okay, and I made up my mind. One day, I'll be a legend beyond you."

"Yes, give it a try."

Adam Smasher handed David a piece of paper with his phone number and address before he went.

"First of all, get an implant. Go here and give me my name and the ripperdoc there will do the procedure."

David looked at the paper Adam Smasher gave him and remembered the military Sandevistan at home.

He went home, picked up the sandevistan, and headed for Ripperdoc at the address.

However, he does not know about the relationship that Sandevistan will allow him to meet.