CHAPTER 40: NIGHT TERROR

Y/N opens her eyes, not recognizing where she is because of the darkness, she raises her head and looks around. It's so dark that it's hard to tell if her eyes are really open, but in the darkness, she's able to make out some wooden walls in the distance.

The little hellhound has a hard time recognizing the place where she is, everything was quiet until a soft laugh resounds from afar.

It's so far away that Y/N needs to pay attention to distinguish it, however, she can't detect where the laughter is coming from, since it seems to come from all directions.

Y/N tries to explore the place to find out where said laughter comes from, but she feels a pressure in her legs that prevents her from moving, not only her legs but also her hands. Confused, she turns to see her legs to see them tied up.

Y/N: What?!

The young hellhound looks up to see that her hands are also tied up together and that's when she realizes that she's tied to a large wooden stake.

Her heart begins to pound faster and she tucks her tail between her legs as she hears the distant laugh slowly turn into several closer ones, echoing louder between the walls. Y/N's ear twitches from her nerves.

Gradually, the tethered hellhound's eyes adjust to the dark enough to better identify where she is. Y/N's heart skips a beat when she recognizes the place she's in. She's back in the human's home.

As if she had summoned them, four dark silhouettes appear in front of her, making her squeak of fright. The only things visible about them are their red eyes glowing in the dark and their sharp white teeth, forming a long, crooked smile on each of them as they laugh hysterically like lunatics.

Y/N tries to escape, wriggling with effort trying to make the rope on her hands and feet loosen, but the more she twists, the more they tighten into a point that begins to hurt. Desperate, she turns to see the humans, who are speaking at the same time, with a distorted voice.

Humans: Don't try to escape. You'll suffer the same fate as your family.

Then a human steps in front of her, revealing his face, Y/N identified the man who chased her in the forest.  Ralphie lights a torch so close to the cub that it dazzles her, causing her to close her eyes and move away from the heat of it.

When she opens her eyes, Y/N identified better the place she's in and the humans in front of her, but when she looked around her she identified something else in the place, her family, or at least... their heads.

Y/N was speechless and began to tremble seeing the head of her uncle Moxxie, aunt Millie, Loona and her father hanging on the wall as decoration. All of them with an expression of terror or sadness.

The cub's fur stands on end as she makes a face of terror and the humans laugh more and more, satisfied with what they have done.

Y/N: N-no.. Daddy?.. NONONO!

As the humans laugh, Ralphie turns to her with a big smile on his face, and drops the torch at her feet, slowly igniting the stake she's attached to.

Y/N screams in fright and tries to get free from the ropes once more, feeling the heat of the fire increase and slowly burn her feet, while the horrible laughter doesn't stop.

Despite her efforts, the cub cannot escape, terrified, she looks at the humans, pleading to be left alone, but instead, she saw all the humans smiling at her in an unnatural way, holding cutlery in both hands, salivating as they stare hungrily at her, the tiny humans lick their lips spattering saliva around, and once again, speak as if they were themselves.