Friend As A Life Partner

Karan

Looking at myself in the mirror, I buttoned up my shirt. With every passing second my breaths were speeding up. The anxiety, insecurity, and a feeling of doom were clouding my senses.

It's the day.

It's the day.

IT. IS. THE. DAY.

Damn!!

Giving a last look at my reflection in the mirror i turned to go but suddenly something hit my head hardly and my vision went blur. Everything around me felt flying and the last thing I remember is, dropping on the floor with loud thud.

TWO HOURS AGO

Monami

It's been almost one hour since we are standing outside the chamber waiting for Karan. But he is nowhere to be seen, not even answering anyone's call.

However, Bhai convinced the lawyer to wait a little more. But this is getting annoyed by every passing second. I knew he's not willing to do this, neither am I, but he can't be ditching us like this.

My heart was sinking at the mare thought of him not coming here.

Not that I'm dying to marry him, but Bhai will definitely be very angry and heartbroken. And I don't want that.

Suddenly our faces lit up as we heard footsteps reaching towards us and we all turned to see at the entrance with hopeful eyes.

But in the next Second our faces fell again when we saw Meehir walking towards us instead of the two legged mongoose that we were expecting.

Arghhh!!!

This is getting so annoying.

"Someone call that bastered again." Bhai shouted irritated. And turned back "where the hell is faizy now?? Are they planning a heart attack for me together?? " Saying that bhai stormed away.

The joy on everyone's face ,when they came here, was nowhere to be seen now. We all were stressed about Karan's whereabouts.

And I for my part, once again feeling rejected. Or may be confused. May be I just lost my mind.

Like, I didn't wanted all this in the first place, now when Karan isn't coming, probably ditching me intentionally, I am not able digest this either.

I think I need some water. Clearing my throat soundly I turned to get it but collided with bhai.

" I just called Someone in the academy to go and check on Karan. Don't worry." He said caressing my hairs once.

"Faizy might have gone to look for him."

"May be." He said nonchalantly and suddenly the expressions of rage came back on his face."But We won't be waiting for him forever." Saying that through his greeted teeth bhai Stormed off.

I sighed helplessly. This whole situation is just so non-understandabel.

If wanted to back out, he could've do it in the very start. Why stretching this drama to this point. Or he wanted to ditch me on spot??

Screw him.
.
.
.

Those lit up faces of my all the academy friends and bhai, bhabhi were now dull with the stress. The excitement was gone. And I was feeling so helpless for not able to do anything to lift up their moods.

Another hour passed and their was no sign of Karan, not even faizy.

Suddenly Bhai's phone rang and a ray of hope lit up in his eyes. He answered the call with 'hello!!'  But next moment all the annoyance came back more intensively.