Sweet Trouble

Monami

A lot has happened in the last week. Our visit to Jaipur, Sahas's truth, Grandpa's riddle and Sahas and Mayra's plan. But what I still couldn't believe is that my Grandpa is alive. I mean, I've been crying for him for the past eight years and suddenly it comes out that he was never dead. I am happy but shocked at the same time.

It's been three days since he got his consciousness back and was shifted to the Palace. This was the reason why Suraj Uncle had to leave us in the middle of all the mess around. He was being called by the hospital and told that Grandpa is out of comma.

When I confronted Suraj Uncle about this he said they were secretly getting him treated and the less the people knew this secret the more he was safe. I couldn't find anything to question his explanation and chose to change the topic and asked him about the reason for his condition.

In answer he told me that Grandpa got to know about Sahas's plan. In fact he was the one to inform them about the attacker and all this. After rescuing me, Param bhai was sent to save Grandpa as Sahas was at the Palace that time. And he had sensed that Grandpa had heard him talking to Raheja and had recorded him but before he could have released that video all the connections of the internet were jammed by Sahas, even the telephone line was cut. Grandpa had to hide in that secret room and made that riddle which could be solved by me only. When Param bhai came here with police to save him, he was found in the garden, unconscious. He urged them to record his statement of me being the next ruler, because he believed that it was more important to keep the people of Jaipur in safe hands more than anything else, before he slipped into the comma.

The box which was guided by the riddle had a pendrive, which held the recorded video of Sahas which was enough to get him behind the bars.

In these three days we were busy with court procedures and today finally we were free. And I was happy that finally my parents are at peace.

It was night and after dinner, I was standing on the balcony, taking in the fresh air and thinking about the dramatic events in my life when two arms came around my waist. It didn't take a genius to guess that it was my dear husband. A smile crept on my lips and I leaned back into him, resting my head on his shoulder.

" I'm feeling so light and happy after so many years." I mumbled with a smile, looking at the stars.

"And I'm happy to see you happy." He answered back, making me turn to face him with his hands on the small of my back.

A small smile was charming on his face and his eyes were staring down at me with so much intensity. I held his gaze for a moment before melting down in his embrace with my hands hung around his neck and my head on his chest. His hands were loosely resting around my frame and my eyelids shut by themselves.

I was relaxed, happy and content with everything that I was left with.

My closed eyes flew open instantly as I felt his heartbeat quickened and his breath were coming heavier now. I could feel him battling inside his head but didn't let him know that I was aware of this. Instead, I tightened my hold around him. I heard him exhale heavily, which expressed that he was struggling with his words.

"Monami, " He spoke up and took another pause. I didn't budge from position but snuggled more into him to let him know that I'm always there for him. "I love you!! "

His next words shook me and I went stiff in his arms. My heart rate picked up pace to meet with his'.

I slowly raised my head to meet his gaze and found him already staring at me with a hope and helplessness in his eyes. His gaze was piercing, going through my heart and soul.