kitty-cat

The bell just rang, signifying the end of lunch. I had already gotten a few messages from Izuku, along with four other unknown numbers that I was pretty sure were Uraraka, Iida, Todoroki, and Tsuyu. I stepped into the classroom a few seconds after the late bell rang, instantly getting a scolding glare from Mr. Aizawa.

"Late on the first day, great impression." He mumbled, rubbing his eyes. "Why were you late?"

"It was by a few seconds." I deadpanned.

"Why were you late?" He repeated, glaring, causing me to roll my eyes.

"I had some things to deal with." I answered, showing him my forearms. They were pretty battered and burned from the few flames that did reach me, not to mention my back from being thrown into the doors from the explosion. Luckily, the smoke was enough to hide that so I don't have Mother Hen Izuku on my back... well, now I might.

Mr. Aizawa raised a brow. "Where'd those come from?"

"Not important." I shrugged, walking to my seat and avoiding his scarf as it launched out to grab me. "Don't you have a lesson to teach? Or some sleep to catch on? Also, you know it's pretty rude to try and grab someone who's A: already injured, and B: didn't give you permission to do so."

Everyone was silent awaiting the response from Mr. Aizawa. The man simply sighed, "I don't get paid enough for this."

"You're right." I agreed, receiving a glare.

"Whatever." Mr. Aizawa huffed, crawling into his sleeping bag. "Don't kill each other, don't wake me up, and Ms. Shinju, please wait after class. I need to talk to you."

"Yippee." I said sarcastically, immediately walking to Izuku's desk and sitting on it. "What's up?"

"The sky." I heard Todoroki chime in, dragging his chair and an extra over to Izuku's desk. I raised a brow at the chair. "It's for you."

"Oh. Thanks." I smiled, sitting down and propping my feet across Izuku's lap. Izuku rolled his eyes, pinching my thigh. "Ow. What's that for?"

"You should go visit the nurse. She could patch you up real quick." Izuku pressed, grabbing my wrist gently and looking over the burns. "Why are they black?"

"Frostbite."

"But aren't flames supposed to be... hot?" Todoroki questioned.

"Typically, but unlike you and Bakugou, my flames are the coldest to exist. They start at -50 degrees Fahrenheit, and depending on how much I use them and how much power and energy I harness, they can drop drastically." I explained, holding a small purple flame in my hand.

"How cold can they get?" Todoroki asked seriously, causing me to look at him suspiciously. "There's a villain with the quirk called Blue-flame. His fire is the hottest recorded, and can turn anyone to ash within seconds."

"I think they can drop into the negative thousands. I haven't really ever tested it." I shrugged, Todoroki nodding.

"So, are you going to go into detail about those cute kitty-cat attributes?" Uraraka's cheery voice filled my ear, startling me.

"Jesus!" I huffed, glaring at the girl who was rubbing her neck sheepishly. "No. I won't."

"Pleaseeeeee?" Mina whined, and soon all the girls and some guys were asking about it, aggravating me.

With a huff and a spark of purple on my head, the ears, teeth, and eyes were out. "Happy?"

"Yes!" Kirishima shouted, reaching out to touch my ear only to stop when a threatening growl left my mouth and I bared my teeth at him.

"You asked to see. You never said anything about touching, so don't push your luck." I warned, not missing the mischievous look to pass in his eyes. "Kirishima, I promise you, your hardening quirk cannot withstand the bite force I have in this form."

"I never told you my quirk?" He asked suspiciously.

"Izuku told me." I lied. Thankfully enough, Kirishima believed me and lowered his hand with a pout. "Thanks."

My chair was ripped backwards and a hand gently patted my ears, causing them to turn 90 degrees and flatten against my head in retaliation. "Katsuki, if you don't take your hand off my ears in the next three seconds, your explosions are gonna start coming out of your ass."

"Shut it, Tiger." He rolled his eyes, moving his hand to below my ears and scratching, causing me to release a small purr. He smirked, "You obviously like it."

I blushed, embarrassed, as everyone around me cooed. "I don't care. Stop it."

"Fine." Bakugou snapped. "She may seem scary, but she's all bark and no bite. She secretly cares about people."

"Huh, that sounds pretty similar to someone I know- oh, wait! It's the person who's saying it!" I screeched, turning in my chair and crossing my arms over my chest. Bakugou merely shrugged, unbothered.

"So do you know Deku and Bakugou? Because you've called both of them by their first name." Mina asked.

"Well-"

"Childhood friends, but she moved away when we turned six, and only now came back." Izuku explained with a smile.

"Shut it nerd." Bakugou scowled.

"Was that a bark I just heard? Someone call animal control!" I called, ducking Bakugou's swipe and dragging my chair back over to Izuku. Kirishima walked up to me, giving me a pleading look and causing me to sigh. "Fine! But anyone who wants to pet them only gets to pet them for 30 seconds cause that's how long Katsuki was able to."

"Yes!" Kirishima cheered as he softly scratched and petted them. "Whoa, it feels like really soft hair."

"Duh. It's not actually fur."