Birdie

(Third Person POV)

The farther Shinju got, the more she panted, and the harder it became to breathe. She couldn't cry no matter how much she felt like she needed it. She had been beaten ruthlessly for the past three days, and had just escaped the most psychological abuse she had gone through.

Shinju finally slowed to a stop when her legs began to shake and couldn't support her weight anymore. With a half assed brace, she fell to the ground, curling in on herself and releasing a loud, pain-filled, feminine scream. The noise filled the forest around her for what felt like forever, Shinju not stopping until something in her throat broke.

What Shinju didn't know was that all of class 1-A heard the scream, along with some of the heroes accompanying them in search of her. However, so did Shigaraki, who smirked in triumph as he realized he finally broke her.

With a last, desperate push of effort, Shinju released a large, purple explosion that faded out to white, before giving up. At this point, Shinju didn't care if anyone found her. She didn't care if she lived or died. If she was found by heroes, great. If she was recaptured by villains, it is what it is.

The flutter of feathers is what she heard in her almost unconscious state. A simple, old name is what caused her to snap her eyes open in shock.

"Little Felix?" A soft, concerned voice asked.

"Birdie?" Shinju whispered, barely being able to make his figure out.

"Yeah, let's get you out of here." He answered, picking her up from below her knees and back. "Why didn't you tell me you were back?"

Shinju hummed. "I wasn't planning on letting anyone know I was back but... we saw how that worked out."

Hawks nodded, trying to keep her awake with conversation as he flew back to where all the heroes were gathered. "So, everyone knows?"

"Everyone-" she cut herself off abruptly, turning sharply to create a field to protect Hawks from a flare of blue. "Including him."

Hawks cursed, speeding up and dodging the flares with the help of Shinju's shields, quickly making it back to where all of class 1-A was located. Hawks gently set Shinju on the ground, helping her stabilize herself by holding her side and placing her arm over his shoulder.

"Y'know, you're still not much taller than me, birdie." Shinju chuckled, wincing and gripping her side. "I would've expected you to grow a few inches taller than me. You're barely one."

Hawks rolled his eyes. "Har, har."

"You fucking dumbass!" A voice Shinju didn't expect to ever hear again yelled towards her, accompanied by the sound of stomping. "What the hell were you thinking? We don't trade lives!"