key

(Dabi's POV)

I had defeated her before. How the hell did she get me pressed against a wall, slowly losing a battle of strength and power? I have the hottest fire. Did she let me win when we were in the forest? Was there a secret gain behind her loss?

I stopped thinking when my head smacked back into the wall behind me, causing me to become lightheaded and fall to the ground, groaning. I saw her figure approaching, causing me to quickly grab the key I had taken from Shigaraki when I shoved him towards the door, and put it in my mouth. I grimaced as Shinju gripped my hair tightly and forced me to look up at her.

"Give me one reason I shouldn't kill you." She spoke darkly.

I chuckled, blood dripping down the side of my face. "You wouldn't kill me even if I told you to because, in the end, you still care. You care too much."

I smirked as she clenched her teeth, her eyes becoming dazed for a second. I used that, quickly standing, even if my head protested the action, and spun us, pinning her against the wall. Before she could even fight back, I forced my lips to hers, gaining a surprised yelp from her. Keeping one eye open, I watched as she glared at me before becoming confused as I passed the key into her mouth.

I let her go with a pant, stepping back and smirking. She glared at me, looking away and pulling the key from her mouth with a string of saliva following after. I groaned internally, forcing images out of my head when she locked eyes with me.

With a quick movement, I was slammed onto the floor, a pained grunt leaving my mouth before I could stop it. "Even after I gave you the key..."

"Just pass out already, Dabi. It's not like I'll be here when you wake anyways." She spat, heading towards the side door.

"And I don't even get a thank you."

"Your 'thank you' was me not killing you." She answered, turning back towards me as she unlocked the door and then kicked it down. "Cya."

The room was silent and spinning when she finally left. I sighed, "I fucked up... I fucked up bad."