56.

"Happy birthday, you absolute queen!" Cash's shrill voice was what pulled me out of my deep slumber this morning and before I even had the chance to register what was happening, I suddenly felt her full body weight on top of me as she jumped on my...

"Happy birthday, you absolute queen!" Cash's shrill voice was what pulled me out of my deep slumber this morning and before I even had the chance to register what was happening, I suddenly felt her full body weight on top of me as she jumped on my bed and knocked the air out of my lungs. "I love you so fucking much!"

Her yelling wasn't exactly pleasant so early in the morning, it actually hurt my ears a lot, but still, I couldn't stop the small smile making its way onto my lips. I was so incredibly grateful for her, on days like these I really wasn't sure what I did to deserve someone like her in my life...

Unfortunately, it was way too early for me to actually express that gratitude right now though.

"Fuck off." I grumbled under my breath instead, trying to push her off of me with no success of course, as Cash just laughed loudly, being way too cheerful for my liking. "Cash, I swear to god–"

"Always a ray of sunshine, you." She chuckled, wrapping both her arms and legs around my body while still refusing to get off of me. She was hugging me so tight I barely had the chance to breathe anymore, but she seemed like she couldn't care less. "So what are the plans for today, birthday girl?"

"Number one, beating the crap out of you."

"Don't be mean." She scolded playfully. "You wouldn't stand a chance anyway. I'm way stronger than you."

"Oh yeah?" I raised my eyebrows, my face being completely pressed against the pillows. "Is that a challenge?"

"It's a fact, darling."

As soon as those words left her mouth, I swung into action, grabbing one of the pillows next to my head and smacking it against her face as hard as I could manage. Cash let out a loud squeal in surprise, her arms loosening around me which gave me the chance to roll on my side and throw her off of my back.

I hit her two more times and it only made her laugh harder as she tried to defend herself by bringing her hands up to her face. I laughed with her, now fully awake and very much into the pillow fight that I had just started.

"Don't underestimate the birthday girl. Ever." I told her in a warning tone, throwing my weapon away once I was satisfied with the state that I left Cash in. Her hair was a mess, she had tears in her eyes from all the laughing, and her face was red where I had hit her.

"Noted." She chuckled, brushing her fingers through her tangled strands.

Silence fell on us for a few seconds as I watched her, unable to wipe the wide grin off of my face. Even though things hadn't been exactly easy lately, this moment right here, was perfect. I wouldn't have changed a thing about it.

"I love you." I whispered between us, earning a big smile from Cash right away. "You know that, right?"

"I know." She nodded.