Chapter 44

"There they are" Conner cheers wrapping an arm around me as I lean against him exhausted.

"How are you so awake?!" I whine watching the van pull into the dorm's visitor parking spot.

"Baby it's noon, why wouldn't I be awake" he chuckles leaning over to give me a kiss. I pull away with a glare. He's teasing me. He's got to be joking.

"Conner my ass hurts. You've been taking me every which way for the last week- this morning! How are you not sleepy" I whisper watching the van out of the corner of my eye. He has the audacity to laugh at me.

"Because baby boy we got some really good breakfast out of our morning sex, woke me up right away and I've got great stamina nothing makes me want to go faster than hearing my boyfriend beg and scream for me at 8 am" he whispers into my ear, giving me a firm pat on the ass before another kiss on the cheek.

"Hey guys!?" Conner leaves me with my mouth wide open as he hurries down the steps to hug his twin sisters. Kadeline and Myah both jump and he somehow is able to carry them both with a laugh.

I hurry down the steps and as soon as both girls see me they actually hurry to get off their brother and hug me instead.

"Hi Cal!"

"Hey! Cal!"

"We wanted to wish you a happy birthday"

"We wanted to say happy brithday!" Both start shouting at the same time. I laugh squeezing them in another hug.

"Thank you so much!" I smile before Myah starts to explain what has been happening in roller derby. I listen intently seeing how excited she gets and try my best to keep up since I'm not very familiar with the sport.

"Myah. Kadeline. We can talk in the car" Kyan chuckles shaking his head as the girls huff and turn away to once again pester their brother. Their mother was also with Conner... which leaves me and him.

My momentarily worst fear comes true as he walks over to me. I've been feeling better for the most part just momentarily tired from exercise... I guess. Still I feel myself shrinking back, but force my feet still as he stops in front of me. His long blonde hair had been put in a braid.

"I'd like to start over. I'd really like if one day we can laugh about my asshole self. That's the best possible outcome for me. I want you to know Callum that I'll forever be embarrassed about it and I am... well I'm incredibly sorry" he apologies? I watch as he sticks out his hand. I timidly take it trying to leave a good impression.

"I'd like that. I really like your son and I want his family to like me as well" I admit. Very proud I didn't stutter or stumble over my words. He nods and a small smile etched its way onto his face as we both take our hands back.

"Conner is stubborn like me and his momma. There's no way in hell he would rest till we were all singing your praise. I wish I wouldn't have immediately assumed the worse. I always do it and hopefully I've learned this time because you're a good person and a good fit for my son. I can tell now and easily should have seen it before. Once again I'm sorry. Thank you for not completely hating me at the moment and staying with my son through it" he explains as my eyes go wide at all his thoughts because in reality it made me feel a lot better.

"I just- I also said a lot of shitty things- the thing about you looking life his exes. That was such a low blow. It was a lie. God Holden is right I'm never going to mature. I'm probably going to have grandchildren in the next few years and I'm over here picking on a kid- no offense you're also an adult" he explains and it makes me laugh which makes him smile.

"What's going on over here?" Conner steps in between us turning so his back is to me as he looks at his dad.

"We're just talking. Nothing bad Conner. I promise" I hug him from behind as he turns slightly with a raises eyebrow as if he doesn't believe me... okay understandable.