||7.||

(A/N: Before you start reading this chapter, I want to inform you that there might be a controversial topic due to different beliefs. Please don't fight over that topic if you find it controversial. Happy reading!)

•||Chapter 7: Break Heart of...||•

|| A N M O L ||

|| A N M O L ||

I was taking a sip of coffee while glancing at the door of the cafe every now and then. Faisal promised me that he would take me to roam around the places I wanted in Istanbul as a reward for providing him help. Since my husband was willing to finally take some time out for his wife then how could I reject this once in a while offer.

I had seen the whole Istanbul with Haytham but I could revisit it again, especially the historical places. Just when another order of coffee arrived, Faisal entered the cafe.

"Just on time," I handed him his coffee and got up.

We strolled in the streets that led to the Hagia Sophia. I had visited that beautiful place when it was a museum with Haytham and got advantages of the protocol he got.

"Do you know the history of Hagia Sophia?" I asked him, nodding towards the beautiful historical monument while waiting in line for our turn.

"Heard a little," He shrugged his shoulders.

"Then you won't even know about many legends of Hagia Sophia," I narrowed my eyes at him with a smile then turned around to walk in.

"You study architecture?"

I nodded while covering my head with a scarf then turned my attention back to him.

"Unfortunately many ancient things were destroyed during riot, then earthquake and later when it was converted into mosque. Many mosaics were plastered or covered when it was turned into a mosque during Ottoman reign," I told him, pointing at mosaics around the central dome and the one that was hidden behind white curtain.

"Some legends have it that when an Egyptian woman converted to Christianity, she was tortured to death by the ruler of that time. Later when Byzantine Emperor learned about it, he took her body and buried it, then named this place after her, Sophia. But that's a legend only because it was built as a symbol of Byzantine Emperor's devotion to God."

"Unfortunately we can't visit the upper floor, gallery level. There are many historical features," I pointed towards the upper floor then turned to him.

He was staring at me silently with that focused gaze, making me blush. When he didn't move or speak, I snapped my fingers in front of his eyes.

"Oo.. You were speaking so passionately. You have visited gallery level?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck.

I nodded my head and replied to him while laughing at the memories, "Yeah! With friend. When dadu kicked me out of home with my suitcase and her credit card because I wasn't leaving my room during holidays."