||31.||

•||Chapter 31: Tense and Hot Air||

|| S A A D ||

Soon everyone was settled on their seats and rows of people to congratulate us came one by one. Whole time I held my wife's hand and even fed her with my own hand.

"How much do you need?" I asked the females from the bride side after taking a sip of milk which was a doodh pilai ritual.

I put my other hand in my pocket to take out the money but Zayd and my cousin's stopped me from doing this. So annoying. I couldn't take my wife straight home.

"Let them marry and see how I'll take revenge from them," I mumbled under my breath, earning a chuckle from my beautiful Irog.

Instead of listening to my family, I handed the money they demanded without batting an eye.

"Awe.... Look, someone is very impatient to take his bride home," They began to tease us.

"Of course I am," I replied to them proudly and lifted our joined hand to my lips, placing a kiss on her hand.

Which earned another round of cheers and tease. I didn't know that there were many rituals in a wedding or else I would have opted for a very simple one. After doodh pilai, they began joota chupai and when we finally reached home, we were made to stop at the door before entering.

Dadi jaan poured oil on both sides of the frame then let us enter but Zayd being the intruder didn't let us both brothers enter with our brides.

"No way am I letting you both enter the house so easily. Now that you both have married and will forget about me soon. So for compensation, give me something as a bribe or forget about entering."

I narrowed my eyes at him who was smiling innocently while patting Duchess in his arms.

"Right, Duchess. You also need compensation. Right?"

His question earned a meow from Duchess.

I sighed and resigned to my fate of being tortured by my brother until I got the chance to reach my room.

"Do it later. First let your both Bhabhis enter the house and sit comfortably," My dear mother finally interceded and let us enter the house with fireworks erupting around the house and petals showering on us as welcome.

After Maham Bhabhi and Saba sat, he came again in front of me and Aarav. Stretching his hand in front of us like a beggar and giving us creepy smiles.

"I need this Cartier watch and your BMW i8," He pointed at the favorite watch of Aarav and asked me about the car that Haytham gifted me today.

Haytham didn't attend my wedding but sent me the gift. His absence wasn't something I minded because I had already predicted that our ways had been separated from the day he chose Laraib over our friendship.