Days go by WallyXReader

Started
June 25|2023

When Wally woke he saw your face and a sad smile pulled at his lips,
"Good morning darling," Wally's voice was raspy from just waking up, he rubbed the sleep from his eyes and decided to get ready for the day.

After getting dressed Wally slipped on his wedding band and was ready to go to work, he grabbed his keys and was about to leave the house, when he turned and made his way to the bedroom to give you a kiss on the cheek,
"I'll make your favorite for dinner tonight, I love you." Wally made his way out of the bedroom and out of the house to get to work.

The walk to work was always peaceful, birds singing and the sky painted beautiful oranges and pinks as the sun rose.

As Wally walked he saw the familiar figure of Barnaby, leaning on the white fence that went around his home,
"Mornin Wally," Barnaby pushed off the fence and walked alongside his friend.

"Good morning Barnaby," Wally greeted, and the two of them fell into a comfortable silence the rest of the walk to work.

-~TimeSkip~-

Wally was behind his desk for most of the work day, only leaving for a cup of coffee or to check up on his staff. A knock on his door tore his attention from the painting hung in his office,
"Come in," Wally tore his eyes from yours to Barnaby and Eddie as they walked into his office.

"Hey Walls, we were thinking of heading to that new bar after work, you should join us." Barnaby smiled and gestured out to the rest of the office, Wally smiled and turned his attention back to the paperwork on his desk.

"I would, but I've got dinner with Y/n." With his head down, Wally didn't see the looks that Barnaby and Eddie shared, Barnaby shrugged and Eddie have a soft sigh.

"Walls,"
"Yes Eddie?" Wally looked up at his brother, and Eddie paused for a moment,
"I-i know you want to have dinner with Y/n but-" Wally quickly stood, his chair shot out and hit the wall behind Wally's desk, making the window shudder, he slammed both hands on his desk and leaned forward.

"I'm not going. I'm having dinner with Y/n." Although Eddie was taller, Wally made him feel as small as a bug, Wally cleared his throat and pulled his chair back and sat down.

"We're done here." Wally picked up his pen and began scribbling, Eddie and Barnaby quietly left and closed the office door behind them.

Wally sighed and let the pen fall from his hands, he crossed his arms on his desk and let his head rest on his arms. He looked up and gave you a sad smile,
"Sorry you had to see that my love." With that Wally got back to his paperwork.

-~TimeSkip~-

When the work day was over, Wally watched as his friends gathered their things and got ready to leave, he did want to go with them, but he wanted to spend dinner with you.

Wally took a deep breath and closed his eyes, he felt your hands on his shoulders, and he relaxed,
"Go," Your voice was barely louder than a whisper, but he had heard, and your hands fell away from his shoulders.

Wally sighed, and got up from his desk, walking around to his office door, he turned and saw you give a small nod and gestured for him to leave. He gave you a sad smile and opened the office door,
"Hey guys," His friends all turned toward him,
"Wait for me." He saw their smiles grow and he couldn't help but smile back.

-~TimeSkip~-

The Bar was like any other, it had tables, booths, a dance floor, and of course a bar. The group for friends sat in one of the larger corner booths, and it wasn't long before a waitress came to take their order.

"Hiya, welcome to The Lab, what can I get for you guys?" That voice sounded familiar, and when Wally looked up his smile fell and he thought he was dreaming.

"Y/n?" The question made everyone look at him and then back at the waitress, she took a few steps back,
"That was my sisters name, are you Wally Darling?" The waitress set down her pen and notepad and reached into her pocket, Barnaby was the first of the friends to speak.

"Y/n had a sister?" Everyone exchanged looks and shrugged, the waitress pulled put her wallet and pulled out a photo,
"Is this your Y/n?" She slid the photo across the table, letting everyone look at it.

Wally took a moment, and then reached his hand out and picket up the photo, three women and a man stood together around a large cherry blossom tree.

The woman on the far left Wally had seen a few times, Mrs. Le'ann your mother. The man on the far right Wally had only met once, twice before he passed from illness, Mr. Le'ann your father.

The two girls in between them looked almost identical, but Wally knew his Y/n, she was standing next to her father, her eyes bright and a big smile on her face.

"That's Y/n," Wally set down the photo and put his finger just above your photographed head and slid it back towards your sister.

"Y/n never mentioned having a sister-" Wally began, and the waitress held up a hand,
"Why would she, I'm the reason she came to this damned city. We studied to be forensic anthropologists." Wally nodded, and so did Frank and Eddie.

"Bones, they would figure out how someone died and how long they've been dead." Frank said and everyone else nodded,
"I was accepted to work at the Smithsonian, Y/n was, rejected." 

"She didn't want to work anywhere else and one day her room was empty. Left a note, it said that she had an apartment and a new job in a whole new state. I was in China working on a set of remains when I heard." She left the rest unsaid and then cleared her throat,

"I'll uh, get you guys a different waitress." She turned to leave,
"Wait!" Wally startled everyone, including himself,
"What's your name?" She turned and smiled, then tapped the name tag that was pinned to her shirt.

"It's Tori." Tori turned and walked off toward the bar, Wally looked down at the photo that Tori had left on the table.
"She looks almost exactly like Y/n, especially her smile." Wally nodded at his brothers words,
"She's not my Y/n though." Wally picked up the photo, and Eddie gave his shoulders a reassuring squeeze.

"No, no one will replace your Y/n Walls." Wally smiled at his friends,
"Thanks you guys, for everything." His friends smiled at him and the rest of the night was filled with fun and laughter.

Finished
July 15|2023

Published
July 15|2023

Yeah I killed Y/n and left Wally a widow, also would you guys be interested in a Corpse Groom Wally X Reader?
Don't forget to vote,

Spread the spores,
~Shroomie

-~1208 Words~-