𝟐

CHAPTER 2
 ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

"I need 3 college ruled notebooks, 3 binders, 1 sketch book, 1 set of color pencils, and 1 set of led pencils," I announce

"Do you need 3 binders?" Jess asks.

"No, but I want to keep my notes organized for all 3 of my subjects."

"I'm just gonna get one notebook and fit all of my subjects in it," Vanessa huffs grabbing the first thing she sees and putting it in the cart.

"Is that even college-ruled?" Naomi questions.

"Who knows," Vanessa replies.

We are currently at Target shopping for our school supplies together since we had nothing better to do after getting Wingstop.

"I want to match all my supplies with the color pink!" Naomi gushes as she grabs any pink supplies in sight.

"I'm just gonna get whatever the teacher asked for," Carter says picking out only the things he needed.

I picked out 3 white binders and 3 white college-ruled notebooks. I went for a basic color so that I can just decorate my stuff with random things later.

"I just had the greatest idea," Vanessa yells running out of a random aisle and back to us.

"We should buy mini Lego sets and build them together at Evelyn's house. Am I a genius or what?!" She lifts her hands in the air as if she is being praised.

"Wow that's such an original idea Vanessa you truly are a genius," Jess sarcastically replies.

"I know like who would've thought of a cuter hangout idea other than me," she plays along.

He rolls his eyes and goes back to just skimming through random supplies sections.

"As long as you pay for it all because I just spent an insane amount of money on concert tickets already," Naomi remarks.

"Yea fine whatever I'll pay for it," Vanessa rolls her eyes and goes back into the aisle she came from. I follow her to pick out a Lego set.

I chose the first one in sight which was something with Harry Potter. Everyone else carefully picked out whatever they wanted. I feel Carter's familiar muscled arm wrap around my shoulder. I look up at him and smile.

"Want to go pick out ice cream with me?" He asks giving me a cheeky smile.

"Yes!"

We both throw our stuff in the cart and take off running to the frozen aisle. When we made it there I took a quick breather before scanning the options of different ice cream flavors.

"What about coffee ice cream," I suggest.

"Eww no rocky road is better," he argues.

"Jess hates rocky road," I remind Carter and give him a duh look.