Chapter 6 Good News

A day before reunion.....

Next day , Neha's mother gave her a mail and said "this came two days ago I forgot to give it to you" she saw that she had received a mail and took it with her thinking of reading it in the office.
She read it in the break and thought it might be a good change for Meera and went to Meera's hostel for the same.

Meera searched and enquired in her neighbourhood for any other job which could help her financially but got disappointed not able to get one.
In the evening.....
After the tiresome day she was happy when Neha arrived who said she had some good news for her.
"First tell me what news you have for me then I'll decide if it's good or not" said Meera who knew Neha really well.
Neha gave the mail to Meera and waited for her reaction.
Reading the mail Meera was surprised that after five years their school is having a reunion and of their batch.
Looking at Meera's shocked face she thought it is a good news for her afterall and asked will you come it'll be a nice change for you?
"I don't know Neha...." said unsure Meera.
"Come on Meeru I'll be there with you we'll meet all our classmates and have fun" said Neha trying to convince her.
"But I didn't get invited how can I go ?" Asked Meera.
"You might have the school must've mailed it to your house" replied Neha reasoning her.
"Ohh yes but I don't think I should go" said upset Meera.
"Why do you think so" asked Neha not understanding her.
"Because everyone would be there with their partners and ask me about my life and I can't and don't want to answer it" replied Meera telling her about her inner turmoil.
"Oh my Meeru you don't have to worry about it I'll be there with you I won't let anyone do that to you trust me ok ?" Said Neha assuring her.
"But....."
"No but if you don't go I won't go either" said Neha giving her no room to question.
"Ohk if you say so..." Said Meera.
"Yesss , it's in the evening so we both will go together tomorrow ok?" Asked Neha
"Ok" said Meera still trying to assure her mind.

On the day of reunion.....

Meera was stressing about what to wear and dialled Neha to ask her.....
"Hello ? Yes Meeru what happened" Asked Neha
"Neha I don't know what to wear for the reunion" said Meera
"There is no dress code or so but we both can wear saree what say?" Asked Neha
"Ok thank you and when will you be coming we can leave together?" Asked Meera
"About that Sorry Meeru I'll be a little late but we can meet in the school you have the address right?" asked Neha trying to assure her.
"Yes I have but be quick ok" said Meera thinking she won't be fine without her.
"Ok bye" saying Neha hanged up.

Taking a blue satin saree from her suitcase she started to get ready.

(Meera's Saree ☝🏻)

After getting ready she took a picture to ask Neha if she looked ok insecure about the weight she put on during the pregnancy and sent her.
After some minutes Neha's replied saying looking gorgeous my Meeru don't stress.
Once again looking at the mirror checking her outfit she went out and took an auto and went to the place she never saw since five years.

Reaching there she saw she was alone there and only some staff and workers were there who was still checking all the arrangements.

Thinking she might be at the wrong time she called Neha and asked "Neha I'm alone here and the staff and workers are checking the arrangements what was the time yaar?"
"Ohh let me check" Neha replied.
"Oh god Meeru.. sorry don't get angry on me but you're an hour early.." said Neha realising her mistake.
"What? Neha you sent me at 6 p.m when the event didn't start until 7 p.m really?" Said annoyed Meera.
"Sorry Meeru I didn't check properly" replied Neha reasoning her.
"Fine I'm going back to the hostel" said Meera who was annoyed at the situation.
"No no pls wait there I'll be there pls Meeru I'm going to my home after getting ready I'll be there promise" said Neha thinking Meera might change her mind.
"Fine but be quick ok" asked Meera.
"Ok bye" said Neha and cut the call.
Having no choice Meera stared at the gates of the school and started to walk in unknown of the fact that her life had much more in store for her.

Word count: 780
So here's the night you'll have been waiting for... (Oh my god I'm really excited.)
Read more to find out.
Hint:eugolorp
Pls vote , comment and share if you like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!