Chapter 62 Amazing Feeling

Karan's POV

I had been waiting and getting bored here since Meera went because most of the people here are unknown to me.
But after sometime I heard the baraat had come so everyone went to receive them. I too followed as I had nothing to do.
There I saw people dancing in a circle and I recognised most of them were Rahul's classmates meaning my students.
After the tilak ceremony in which Neha's mother applied tilak on the groom everybody moved inside.

Just as some students saw me they came to me and we were talking.
In between the talks I glanced at Yash he was still asleep in my arms I was relieved that he didn't wake due to loud music.
And after a while the bride came and everyone was busy looking at the bride but my eyes were fixed on the woman beside her. I could see she was getting nervous as everyone was watching them and she was facing them too.
Her eyes met mine I blinked slowly assuring her and she calmed down.
And our fight flashed in my fight making me feel bad. I knew I had to sort things out after the wedding. I didn't like it she was only talking to me when necessary. I looked at her and some other girls were there on the stage with Neha who was putting the garland on Rahul.
She got off the stage after it and I saw she was busy talking to Divya who stopped her.
I sighed thinking what to do to fix this what if apology won't be enough.
In some time I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned to come face to face with my idiot best friend. I shook my head at his grinned face and turned back to see her.
What now you won't even look at me? He asked dramatically.
Your face ain't that good that I should waste my time looking at it I replied.
Oh and Meera's is ? That's why you can't seem to take your eyes off her? He asked.
Stop it I'm busy thinking I said to him to stop with his talks.
What are you thinking? He asked me.
I thought for a minute if I should tell him about it but decided not to because I was damn sure he would give me some ridiculous ideas.
Nothing I said in response.
Fine don't tell he said shrugging.

But after sometime chatting with him I didn't see her anywhere and looked around but she was nowhere so I said to Adi I'll be back and I went to look for her.
I asked Divya too but she said Meera was here only but now she had no idea.
I looked for her but didn't see her so I went inside to look for her.
I passed a corridor and then I heard some voices so I went further in that direction following the voices.
"I didn't do anything I only thought of you as a friend." I heard it. It was Meera my feet stopped listening to her.
"Oh come on you don't need to lie everyone knew I had a liking towards you" said another voice I think I heard that voice before.
"What ? No I really didn't" said Meera denying it.
"Ok but now you do so think about it I realised my love for you and I'm sorry it didn't have to be this way but will you marry me Meera?" Said the male voice. I was shocked but wanted to know her answer.
After a second I heard it "I'm sorry Rishi I won't I don't feel anything for you" she said making me sigh in relief and pissed at him who proposed to her.
I heard her footsteps so I went back before she could see me I didn't want her to know I heard that.
I was on cloud nine knowing she refused that puppy eyed pig and unknowingly a huge smile plastered on my face. And in some time Meera came towards me asking "He is still asleep?" hinting at Yash.
Yes he is I replied trying to hide my smile.
I can take him she said so I gave Yash to him.
Soon it was time for the saat phere and everyone moved towards the mandap.
I saw both Rahul and Neha look anything but pleased while doing the rituals. It was so shocking for us who knew them from before that they both are getting married. I mean Rahul and Neha the sworn enemies.
But I glanced at Meera who was busy happily watching them with a genuine smile on her face for them.
And soon the phere was completed and Rahul tied the mangalsutra on Neha's neck and applied the vermillion.
Pandit ji asked them to take blessings from the elders and they did.
Soon it was time for food and everybody moved to have it.
We moved too but Neha called Meera and she went to her.
Both the groom and bride were seated to have food and they were to eat from one plate.
Neha whispered something to Meera and she nodded and went inside.

All the guests were busy having the food and I was waiting for Meera as it's been too long since she went. So after waiting for another ten minutes I went to look for her.
I saw her talking with someone and went towards them.
But soon realised she wasn't talking to someone it was her parents. Getting there I heard her father saying We don't want to waste our time talking to you anymore you are nothing but a disgrace to us.
How could he say such things to her? I reached by her side and faced them. They looked shocked seeing me.
Sir I disagree with you and suggest you don't say such things about her I said politely at first.
Why are you here and what I tell her it has nothing to do with you I will tell her what exactly I want to, you don't know the matter I think so let me tell you she is nothing but a disgrace to our family running away with a man such a shameful act my daughter wouldn't have ever done it and not to forget I don't care about her so called son either who knows he'd turn out just like her infact I regret that she is my daughter he said looking at Meera with a glare who couldn't bear it crying and turned to go but I turned her back to face him.

I pity you that you are still living in a world where girls are not allowed to choose , where they do everything for her parents but the parents don't care about anything but their society. Meera didn't do anything wrong by loving someone it was you who was wrong and didn't understand your daughter and put your society above her. Choosing someone as your life partner is not wrong you are for abandoning her for doing so.
And about regretting her you didn't deserve her in the first place I guess because she is the most innocent, kind, genuine, honest and caring soul I've ever come across with. You made her feel like nothing when you should have accepted her and loved her no matter what. I could never regret meeting her, getting to know her was an amazing feeling it's your loss if you want to do nothing with her.
And about our son she is the best mother anyone could ask for I am grateful for her that she is so giving and loving towards him.
So Mr. Sharma it is your loss. I said looking at them and keeping a hand on Meera's shoulder I turned her and we went far away from them.

Word count:1300
Hey guys hope you'll like the chapter.
What do you think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it.
Thank you*
Toodles!!!