❤️‍🩹1❤️‍🩹

Pov Shumaila

He looked at me, extremely irritated by my incessant sobbing, sitting at the end of his bed, in his room, now mine too, I didn't dare look at him.

I could see that he was losing patience, he wasn't happy enough having to share his life with mine, so the fact that I was currently ruining his peace must have really annoyed him.

"Stop fucking crying, your house is just thirty minutes away" he finally shouted in an annoyed voice.

I stopped instantly, recoiling at myself even more, ever since he'd come back he'd just been hostile with me, addressing me as someone who spoke violently or despicably, I thought that in these four years he'd have forgiven me, but no, he still hated me.

"I... Am... Sorry" I mumbled, hoping to be audible.

He looked at me wryly, as if I'd said a joke. "Acha? You've been saying that since the beginning, sorry for this and that, yet you continue to ruin my life" he said sarcastically.

I looked at him with a hurt expression, I was ruining his life, he used to say I was making it more fun.

"Don't look at me like a victim, you're not" he exclaimed as he got out of bed.

I recoiled at his sudden aggression, had he changed so much that he was capable of hitting me now? I closed my eyes painfully at the thought, no one had ever laid a hand on me before.

"I'm sure it was you who got the idea into my Dadi's head that we should get married, she's always loved you, and you took advantage of the fact that she was on her deathbed to give her the idea," he accused me.

I shook my head, "Uzu... Uzair, I would never have done that, you know me, I would never have forced myself into your life, Dadi just wanted you to get married before she died that's all" I said sincerely.

Furiously, he pulled me back against him, and I winced as I saw the force he was exerting on my tiny wrists.

"Is it a coincidence that she's asking me to marry you against everyone she knows ?" he asked angrily.

I didn't know how to answer him, I'd told Dadi that Uzair should marry Ayesha but I don't know how things turned out so that in the end I was the one who had to marry her.

I also knew that it was impossible for Uzair to be the one to propose, even though I secretly hoped he would, but that hope quickly disappeared when I saw him for the first time after years in the Nikkah mandap.

His eyes showed nothing but frustration, nothing but annoyance that he was bonding with me instead of Ayesha.

I noticed his jaw tensed as he uttered his agreement "Qubool Hai, Qubool hai, Qubool hai".

I wanted to back out but I'd already given my agreement, we were husband and wife but it was only in name, on the inside for Uzair, we weren't even friends.

"I can see from your silence that I was right! I can't believe I've been had for 19 years like this, it's a good thing I've seen the other side of the coin before" he said with a look of disgust, backing away.

My heart sank at his words,
Why didn't he understand that he was important to me, just as much as our friendship, he interpreted all my actions in the wrong way.

"Listen to me carefully, on the outside we may be husband and wife, but in here we're no more than room-mates, and even that stretches me enormously, so don't go beyond the limits of this collocation, I don't accept you as my wife and I won't give you the rights that go with it, the only one who could have had it was Ayesha and she'll remain the only one for me, I don't care what you may or may not feel, don't piss me off" he warned me as he turned out the lights.