❤️‍🩹2❤️‍🩹

Pov Uzair

I exhaled and inhaled, hoping to calm down. Looks like I'll have to start boxing again.

How could those stupid sisters think that anything could have happened between me and Shumaila that night? As much as I wanted to forget that annoying discussion from this morning, it kept coming back to me, preventing me from working properly.

Even more so the fact that Shumaila didn't deny anything and just blushed as if it were true'.

"All you had to do was deny it," my inner voice came to the rescue and I hurried to shut up.

I needed to rest, especially away from Shumaila, which was going to be my daily routine from now on.

"Arvind, bring me a strong coffee, but don't forget to put enough sugar in it," I ask my PA over the office phone.

I'd once tried one of her black coffees, it's disgusting, I'd made a deal with Shumaila that if I managed to finish the drink, she'd have to wear a wig for a week but it was so tasteless and bitter that I spat it out straight away, I know there's this stereotype that the CEO of a company always likes this type of bitter drink, and I'm glad I'm not one of them, I still like hot chocolate and that's not going to change.

Arvind came into my office a few minutes later, "Hold your sweet coffee Uzair, I really wonder how you can drink something so sweet, it's like a drug, this kind of thing", he said, obviously judging my taste choices.

I look up, "Arvind, just because you're my friend doesn't mean you can be on first-name terms with me here", I remind him.

This idiot rolls his eyes arrogantly and settles down opposite me, superb, yet another element that's going to prevent me from working.

"You've known all this time that I'm not just your friend, but your best friend" he jokes.

I tense up at the sound of his reply; after Shumaila, I didn't want that kind of position for anyone. But I knew very well that Arvind was close to me, we'd met when I went abroad, he was my P.A. and he is too, he's also been married for two years.

"Relax Dude, I was joking, I know the great Uzair Jalees doesn't consider anyone his best friend, I'm fine as your friend, Very, very, very close" he tries to lighten the mood.

I rolled my eyes but a smile appeared on my lips "So your dear wife doesn't come to visit you ?" he asked me, boredly taking the plate with my name on it.

"Why do you care ? "I asked him unpleasantly

"I'd like to meet her, I mean, when we were abroad, all you could talk about was Ayesha this way and that, but in the end she ended up leaving you to marry someone else, even though you decided that you wouldn't let anyone else take her place, so I figure this Shumaila must be pretty special if she managed to make you want to get married" he explains his bogus reasoning.

I stopped in my tracks and glared at him, hoping he got the message before I kicked him out of my office.

"Well then bro, I'm going to go... I see you're in such a good mood, I can't wait to meet your wife," he said sarcastically before storming out of my office.

I let him go and got back to work. Ayesha had effectively dumped me to marry a man her father had introduced her to, I was so broken by it, I didn't understand, I never failed to love her but she had no problem removing me from her life without any pretext.

I didn't even want to get married any more, but because of my dadi, I had to marry Shumaila, and I didn't want to see her any more.

She told me either I already had someone in mind, or it was Shumaila, so I had no other choice.