Chapter:04 Four

Adalyn

"Addy, if you forgot, the Riverstone light festival is later tonight." Kelly imformed me for the millionth time today. "How can i if it's all you have been talking about for the past few days?"I questioned her.

The Riverstone light festival, is a festival that happens every year, once a year in Riverstone and the entire town attends it.

" I'm just so excited, and can't wait to see the fireworks show. Besides the Riverstone light festival is the only fun thing that happens in this town. "She stated with a smile on her face.

While Kelly was excited about the festival i was hoping that Theo goes. Kelly continued talking but i was zoned out and not paying attention to what she was saying.

" Adalyn, are you listening to me? "She asked me." Sorry i got lost deep in thought. "I apologize and she sighed." Are you thinking about Theo again, and anyways why are you so determined to befriend him anyways?"She asked me and i looked at her.

" I don't know. I just do, i don't believe anyone should be lonely. "I stated." Let's forget about it. We have to get ready for the festival. "She said as she got up from my bed and held my hand helping me to my feet. She walked up to my closet and she opened it.

She began throwing dresses she found nice onto my bed until she had almost cleared out my closet." Mmh, let's see what would look good on you."

She picked up different dresses and placed them in front of me to see if they would look good on me until she picked up a blue dress and screamed, "this is the one." She handed me the dress to change into.

I walked to the bathroom to change into the dress before walking back into my room.

Kelly had changed into a dress as well by the time I returned.

We did our hair and put on a bit of makeup. "You look amazing love." Kelly told me and I returned the compliment.

"Lets get going before we are late." She said walking towards the door and I followed behind her. We made our way down stairs and found my mom waiting for us by the door. "Don't you girls look fantastic." She complimented us as we all walked out the door.

The festival was happening at the center of the town which was not that far from the house. We walked while talking about all sorts of things until we reached where the festival was happening.

Not many people had arrived yet and the sun had already begun to set. The festival has been the same since forever, it is what made Riverstone the town it is.

When i was younger i would go with my father and had a tradition where we would go up to the towns wish fountain and sacrifice our favorite item from that year then make a wish. The last wish i made with him, i wished to be able to celebrate the Riverstone festival with him forever.

The first year i celebrated the festival without him the festival felt like it was missing something and that something was my father.

I felt tears building up in my eyes and everywhere I looked I saw him.

"Dear, are you alright?" My mom asked me bringing me back to reality and I nodded. People began arriving and I began scanning the crowd for Theo but I did not find him.

"Come on Addy, let's go make a wish." Kelly held my hand and began pulling me to the fountain. My mom waved us of and we walked away from her.

We stood in front of the fountain and looked at each other. Kelly took out two pennies from her purse and handed me one.

I stopped believing in wishes the year my father died because my wish never came true, the wish i wanted to come true out of all the wishes i have ever made.

But the wish I wanted to make today is a wish I know would come true.

I wish to be able to make Theo smile and feel like he has a friend he can trust.

I threw the penny into the fountain after making my wish.

"Let's go watch the light show. "Kelly said and I spotted Theo on the other side of the fountain just standing and looking at the fountain his hands in his pocket.

" You can go on without me. "I told her and she did not question me before walking towards the area where the light show was talking place.

I made my way to where Theo was standing and stood next to him while taking out my phone.

Adalyn : hi (with a smiley face)

Theo: Oh gosh, you again. Can't I just have one day without seeing you?

Adalyn :From that day I met you at the coffee shop you have been stuck with me. So no.

He turned of his phone and began walking away from me. I put my phone in my pocket and followed him.

He began walking around the whole festival trying to get rid of me but I followed him everywhere he went.

"Adalyn dear, I will be heading home I am tired." My mother imformed me as I was passing her and I got distracted for a second and when I looked back at Theo he was gone. I looked for him then I saw him running into the forest and began chasing after him.

I tripped and fell and Theo stopped running and walked up to me stopping right in front of me and looked at me then helped me up.

I fixed dress and tried cleaning of some of the dirt on my dress then i stood still and looked at him. "Thank you." I thanked him and once again he just stared at me with a blank face but I smiled at him.

I decided to let him be for the night  I waved him goodbye and he just continued to look at me.

I walked back to the festival so I can watch the fireworks show.

We are getting somewhere. I thought to myself.