Chapter:08 Eight

Adalyn

I had not seen Theo since the evening at the forest, which was last week. Mostly because i wanted to give him time to think about what I had said to him.

There was a bonfire coming up. It is a bonfire in which all the high schoolers attend a week before school opens and I was thinking of asking Kelly, Corey, and Theo to go with me.

My mother had come back from the city and has been completely exhausted so I had been helping her out lately.

She had asked me to restock and clean  the fridge and that's what I had been doing for the past hour.

Once I had finally finished i washed my hands then wiped them with a towel. I picked up my phone wanting to call Kelly, Corey , and Theo to meet me at the middle of the town by the fountain.

I began with Kelly because I knew she would answer immediately. The phone rang for a few seconds until she picked up. "Hello, love."

"Hi, Kells. Can you meet me by the fountain in ten minutes?" I asked her,"Okay thanks bye." I did not give her time to answer when I ended the call and called Corey.

"Hi, Adalyn." He answered the phone. "Hi, Corey. Can you meet me by the fountain in ten minutes? Okay thanks bye." I also did not give him time to reply when I ended the call.

I decided to text Theo instead.

Adalyn: Hi Theo (with a smile.) Can you meet me by the fountain in ten minutes?

Theo : Okay, why?

Adalyn : don't worry just meet me there.

Theo : Okay.

I turned of my phone and before I left the house I imformed my mother where I was going then left the house.

I hoped they would all come. I arrived at the fountain and none of them where there yet.

I waited for five minutes and I saw Kelly and Corey arriving from opposite sides, Kelly looked annoyed to see him and Corey looked happy to see her.

"Addy, what did you call us here for?" Kelly asked me. "I will tell you after Theo arrives." I said to her. "Will he come?" She asked and I nod knowing he will come.

After another ten minutes of waiting Theo finally arrived and stood next to the rest of us. "You guys are probably wondering why i called you all here. I called you guys here to ask you guys if you would go with me to the bonfire tonight."

"Oh wait, school is opening that means Corey here can go back to the city and I will be left in peace." Kelly said excitement in her voice. "I am not going back to the city, my parents sent me to Riverstone as a punishment but I'm actually enjoying it here. I will be attending Riverstone high." Corey said and Kelly's expression changed from happy to disappointed.

"You are secretly excited and I know it." Corey said to Kelly and out of nowhere they began arguing well Kelly was doing all the arguing and Corey just watched her.

Then i received a text from Theo.

Theo: Okay I will answer your question for all of us. We will be there. And thank you for the gift.

Adalyn : Really including yourself,and you are most welcome.

Theo: yes.

" I will meet you guys here later tonight so we can go to the bonfire together." I said to them and they all agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood by the fountain waiting for all three of them to arrive. I almost thought they would not come after twenty minutes of waiting. When i was about to give up and go by myself when Kelly arrived.

"Hi, love." She hugged me. Right after her Theo and Corey arrived together.

"Let's get going." I said to them and we walked to the forest together and then made our way to where the bonfire was taking place.

Right as we arrived Kelly and Corey disappeared into the bunch of people at the bonfire and i too was about to go talk with people because it has been a while since i had seen many of them. But i stopped when i realized Theo was standing by himself and so I walked back to him and stood next to him he looked at me.

He took out his phone then I received a text from him.

Theo: Adalyn, you don't have to stand with me. You go and have fun I will be fine.

Adalyn : No, i think i will stay here with you.

He put his phone away and I  put mine away as well.

We just stood and watched people have fun then music began to play and I looked at Theo. "Theo you should at least have a bit of fun, as your friend I will make sure you have fun. Come dance with me." I said to him and he shook his head.

"Come on." He still shook his head. "Okay then. I too will not dance." I said and he looked at me then took out his phone.

Theo: Adalyn, you can't stop yourself from having fun just because of me. Okay I will dance just so you dance.

He turned of his phone and began slightly dancing and I smiled and began dancing with him.

Theo has been more open with me lately even if he wasn't fully open he still felt like he could tell me some stuff.