iii. of instructions for poetry and ripped out pages

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

DRESS
(( — DEAD POETS SOCIETY — ))

—chapter iii: of instructions for poetry and ripped out pages

ABOUT AN HOUR LATER, loraine had been able to dry her tears in the meantime, there was another knock at her door. she marked the page of her book and closed it, before she stood up and opened the door, revealing none other then charlie.

"hey" he smiled, following her into the room. "want to come with to the common room?"

the common room, down the hallway of the dorms, was the only room in which loraine was officially allowed to be. she would often spend her evenings either reading a book or doing homework, she hadn't been able to finish on her own.

she had a bit more time than the boys, who often had sports or soccer training at the end of their school day. loraine wasn't allowed at either. even though her father believed in the school system, he thought that sports were something girls should not participate in. not that she agreed with him, but loraine wasn't the most athletic person anyway, so she was glad about the two hours of free time she had every other day.

"ehh, i don't know" loraine resumed her position on the bed. "i'm not really in the mood" she picked up the book and turned the pages until she had reached the point where she had stopped reading

"have you been crying?" charlie asked leaning forward on her desk chair and inspecting the girls face

loraine closed her book loudly, scaring charlie, because of the sudden movement. "no?" she asked offended and rubbed her face, trying to get rid of anything that would prove otherwise

charlie looked like he didn't believe her, but he just dropped the matter. "come on, it'll be fun. knox will be back from his dinner at the danbury's"

"whoa that's interesting!" loraine played with obvious fake shock

"ray" charlie whined, dragging out the nickname he had called her since they were children. "please? for me?"

"ugh" loraine rolled her eyes, her hand reaching for the hair claw on her night table. she drew the front of her curls back, securing them on the back of her head, only leaving a few shorter strands to frame her face. "fine"

charlie beamed with happiness. "alright" he clasped his hands together "let's go then, you can watch me do math homework"

"great" loraine rolled her eyes, before she took the hand he was offering and followed him down the hall. they both took a seat at the table where neil was already sitting, getting help from cameron.

"just replace these numbers here with x — for x and y" cameron instructed

"of course" neil nodded

"of course, so, what's the problem?" cameron wondered. charlie looked at loraine in question, not understanding anything, until she leaned over the table and helped him.

the door opened and a mesmerized knox entered the room, leaning against the frame. "how was dinner?" charlie asked

"huh?" knox looked like he was far away with his thoughts.

"how was dinner?" charlie repeated

"terrible" knox answered, stepping away from the door and taking a seat next to loraine "awful"

"why, what happened?"

"tonight i met the most beautiful girl i have ever seen in my entire life"

"are you crazy? what's wrong with that?" neil wondered